J and H wilsons SP No 1

London I am afraid. Coming over anytime soon? There’s some pretty good pubs!

1 Like

I just ordered this. Never had it before.

I forgot I had this snuff. I bought a big tin a year or two ago and it is still as fresh as the moment I bought it, rough and ready stuff but quite nice. I like the tobacco that J&H Wilson use, especially in Medicated No.99, that is almost chocolately, I hope that Top Mill No.1 is the same tobacco as I think I would like that one also. I’m going to order a big tin of that from thebackyshop.co.uk and see what it is like. I’m quite impressed with J&H Wilson, nothing fancy but solid all round snuffs. Stefan

This is great stuff, both SP no 1 and medicated 99 are in my top 10.

Its on my list for my next order!

I’m still a newbie, but I think that this snuff beats out all of the other SP’s I’ve tried, from Toque (even SP extra) to Wos, to McC’s, to SG. I haven’t tried all of the SP’s out there but so far, this one definitely takes the cake for me. My tin is nearly empty and I’ll be ordering more of it in a week or so. It’s got a real nice burn, real nice, and a more complex flavor than the others. I love it so much that I think it would be one of my deserted island snuffs.

I’m waiting for my 25g tin of SP No 1 on it’s way from NicotineRush. The package got stuck somewhere along the line.

Its rough but good snuff/No points for finesse just a good work a day snuff.

I’m quite impressed with J&H Wilson, nothing fancy but solid all round snuffs. I totaly agree walrus well put. I like how it’s just very well done solid snuff. The medicated 99 is one of my all time favorites. First non-dean swift snuff I had tried.

I expect the SP No. 1 in the mail tomorrow.

I love this snuff because of the nice real tobacco taste. But I did miss the citrus flavor. I’ve added a bit of St Clements and that has done the trick.

This is one of my favorite snuffs. I keep at least 100 - 200g around.

It really doesn’t have any citrus or lavender, maybe a tiny bergamot. It does have a nice peaty tobacco smell though and some nice nose burn.

@jarhog – texas?! whereabouts im over in ebtween san marcos and san antonio, in that little german town along 35 :wink:

The 25g tin is way better than the little blue box, it was rather hard to open 2 American quarters didn’t get it opened but the blunt side of a rather large knife worked well. This is so good. I really like the smokeyish flavor it gives off a great all day snuff, not overly complex but still really good to get in the nose and go. Are these vacuum packed or just pressed on very fresh tin, but then I did get it from tom.

I must have strange tastes because when I first opened my 25g tin, I got cocoa and ammonia smells and I just hated it. I have aired it for a couple of weeks now and think it is improving. I’m not sure vacuum packing has helped really. I will re-review it soon.

SP No1 ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1YKntWoXvI&NR=1

I got a big tin of SP No 1 today, and this is another nice J&H Wilson snuff (along with the great Medicated no99), IMO. At this stage I would say I prefer the Medicated no99, as menthols are generally more my cup of tea, but this is still good. Other peeps have said that this snuff has a chocolate aroma, but I’m not getting that at all, at least not so far.

I found it takes a long time to air out, nice stuff once it does.

Has anyone bought this recently in the tap tin? Just wondering about freshness…