Snuffstore silence...

I’ve emailed the snuffstore twice days ago with a query and heard nothing back from them, this is very unusual. Does anyone know if they have gone away (there is no info on their website) or has anyone else experienced the same problem? Cheers

Although Snuff Store are very good at sending out snuff orders quickly, the same can’t be said for responding to queries by e-mail in my experience. They do have a phone number on their website if you dig about for it.

I wanted to buy a silver snuff box from them which would have cost me R850.00. My enquieries about this was ignored twice. I received a tin that was supposed to be SG Apple but contained something else. My comments to Tim about the matter was ignored. I have thus decided to stop ordering from Snuffstore.

I have used them a few times and have found them to be very good i brought a silver snuff bullet from them yest and called them today to check when it was going to be sent out and got fantastic service from them , i think its better to take this kinda thing up wwith the company itself rather than post it in a forum , companys try and work so hard to keep a good name and it can be ruined in a few seconds with posts like this , message them through the forum yes but make a topic about it in my eyes is a bit to far and to much to do this. maybe their is a reason they have not got back to you maybe their email server is down or they could be flooded with emails maybe they did not know this etc etc etc ya see what im saying … just call them they always pick up in a few seconds or if your in sa usa etc ask one of us to call them simple …

Here you go Snuff Store’s telephone number for UK enquiries is; 01737 773077 If you’re calling from outside the UK please allow for any time differences - the telephone number with codes is; 441 737 773077.

Hello all, Apologies, but I don’t get much chance to post on Snuff House at the moment. Dave, thanks for posting the above. I’ve done similar in the past. Our telephone / postal and other contact details are available on the contact us page of the site here it is again.Snuff Store Contact Us. As many of you know we’ve increased our family number and now have three kids under five. This means Julia is now pretty much a full time mum and I’m running the store single handed. Of course that’s not ideal, but I generally work 12 - 14 hours per day and general email enquiries are the thing that gets put to the bottom of the pile. Of course being a busy home run store means that we have to ‘cherry pick’ tasks in the day. First priority obviously goes to picking, packing and posting customer orders. Then dealing with emails from customers who’ve ordered something and are wanting to know if it’s been posted etc, last but not least dealing with general email enquiries. We also get many telephone enquiries / orders during the day, so of course we deal with those as and when they come in. If you need something urgent then phone and someone will pick up. If you’re happy to wait for a few days then send a general email and Julia or I will reply. Kind Regards Tim

@davec32, my enquieries were all done by e-mail to Tim. I find it bad business if e-mails are just ignored where money is involved.

Did you not get my email reply Pieter? I sent you an email asking you if you’d be prepared to pay my company fines if the item was discovered as being incorrectly custom labelled in order for you not to pay import tax… I presumed you’d chosen not to reply.

@NoseBag, no Tim, I never received any e-mails, not about the snuff box nor the SG Apple which turned out to be something else.

Hi Nosebag Your comments are fair enough and I totally understand your situation. Perhaps the only thing I would say re feedback (I hope it is welcome and taken in the spirit it is intended) that if you have a facility on your website to send emails and you are unable to reply to some of them then other customers (or potential customers) will be put off purchasing from your site because they will assume you are unprofessional. Of course we here know you and are able to contact you via this site but others are not. Perhaps (purely as a suggestion) if you are experiencing problems because of your home situation you could consider and automated response to people who email you stating something along the lines of what you posted above and say “If you don’t hear back from us in x days please ring us on this number” Just a friendly idea :o) Hope all is well Chris

I see both sides here. But as a customer, it is offputting when a communication is not replied to. I sent an email to my Dr. 2 days ago about a medicine prescription, and he has not replied at all. It wasn’t an emergency, but if he’s not able to answer, for whatever reason, he should at least have an auto-reply that says something like: “Due to high work volume, I may not be able to read and reply to your email in a timely manner, please call the office if the matter is important, or if I have not replied in 3 days”.

I agree, unanswered emails are a bit annoying. I had a situation back when i placed my first order with Snuff store, where my card was simultaneously cancelled due to a security leak or something. At the time I didn’t know that my card company was honoring my pending transactions. So, to sort it out I emailed the snuff store to ensure that the order had indeed gone through. In total I sent two emails, spaced about a week apart. Never heard a word back, and about 10 days after my original order, it arrived here in the states. Everything worked out, but it certainly would have put my mind at ease had someone bothered to respond. I’ve since ordered from snuff store again, but honestly, I was put off by the lack of response. My choice to place another order with SS had more to do with getting something I couldn’t find here than anything.

Ive emailed snuffstore before and not had a reply, also I think whispers here have not been replied to. Tim is clearly working his ass off and we can all sympathise when it comes to having a family and running a business at the same time. However, business is business and it does put you off; maybe lazarus has a good idea?

I just placed an order with Tim so I’m not in favor of E-mail replies being his priority.

I’m not suggesting they should be a priority, just that they are important and should be dealt with not ignored

I have had nothing but great service from Tim & Julia over the past year. Maybe I have had to wait a couple of days for a reply to an email, but I always got it, along with an apology for the lateness of the reply. I had an issue with one of the DK snuffs that I bought from them and with my next order Tim very kindly sent me sample bags of all of their own blends in compensation, which I think was above and beyond the call of duty. Tim has been unwell recently I believe, and with three under-fives to look after and a business to run I think they are both doing very well indeed to cope.

First of all, I sympathize with those of you who email messages that go unanswered. I’ve been in your shoes. However, at the same time, I respect a man for putting his family near the top of his priority list. If I lived closer Tim & Julia, I’d offer to give you hand at the shop. :wink:

I vote this topic gets wiped !!!

“I vote this topic gets wiped !!!” Why is that dave? You know, sometimes I think we are way too quick to ditch threads on this website for fear of offending someone. While I didn’t start this thread, I am among those who have been put off by Tim’s lack of response. As someone who has spent plenty of money at his site, I have a right to express my concerns with his lack of email response. Did it stop me from ordering again, no. But, perhaps this thread will be seen as constructive criticism and he will find a way to fill all our orders while at the same time responding to inquiries that are important to his customers.

Davec32, as I mentioned in an earlier post this thread is not designed as some kind of witch hunt, it is merely offering friendly constructive critsism thats all. I am sure Tim is not offended, all businessmen value feedback from customers. Its how they improve their business. As Snuffegnugen said we, as customers, have the right to express our opinions :o)