OT- Whatcha Watching?

@ituske: try “Nova Science Now” on PBS. Its a more teaching friendly show than the original “Nova”. I think its on tonight around here, actually!

“24” season 5. I’ve never watched it on TV, but a friend has been loaning me each of the seasons on disc. It’s way better to watch a few episodes uninterrupted by commercials and not have to wait a week to see what happens.

just finished watching metropolis. Great silent movie.

1 Like

@Xander: Yes, I watch Nova Science Now on PBS too, I also prefer the longer Nova , it’s more in depth and engaging to watch. Oh, God bless PBS, the beckon of hope for American TV. Now I am watching The Week We Went to War ep 2 from BBC 1.

I agree, snuffegnugen. Whatever TV shows I watch are on DVD. I can’t stand commercials. Anyone remember “Voyage of the Mimi” back in the day?

I’ve been watching The Violent Professionals, an Italian crime/action film from the 70’s. I love this genre.

Right this second I’m watching a rerun of Bonanza.

I was just about to say a huge pris of Skruf Stark and then i noticed it’s not the topic i thought it was. I quit watching TV 4 years ago due to all the stupid ads annoying me and the even dumber shows and news they throw on the tube here. So I’m with snuffegnugen and cstokes on this one. All hail uninterrupted 12 hour marathons of your favorite show :). I don’t have much time to watch things other then when I’m taking a day off of everything to do nothing else.

The HBO production of Fatherland , not as interesting as I expected it to be, and certianly inferior than the original novel.

I watched Codename: Wild Geese last night, an 80’s war/action flick with Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnigne, and Klaus Kinski, directed by Margheriti, the guy who did the original Inglorious Bastards… no, I think I’m wrong there, it’s Castellari that did Bastards, but Margheriti has a great filmography as well.

Got it on TV in the back ground as i read snuffhouse, strange fella with a little stick, classical music and fireworks BBC Proms 2009

tom502, anything with Lee Van Cleef is worth watching.

I love Lee Van Cleef, he’s my fave western star. Day of Anger, the Big Gundown…

Old “Benny Hill” with the kids-(have to skip a few parts to keep it kid friendly)

Ohio St. vs. USC

And I thought I was alone in my admiration of Lee Van Cleef. See what you learn on this site. For all of you true fans, Netflix has the DVD’s from the short lived TV series “the Master” starring Lee Van Cleef as a master ninja. Just got through watching an excellent film called “Sin Nombre” It’s about some Honduran immigrants that try to make the journey north to the USA. Really shows a different side of the struggle than what you see here in Phoenix amongst all the Sheriff Joe Arpaio loving, anti-immigration nazis.

I’ve just watched the film ‘1066’ about the three battles that year. Superb film now out on DVD. I think it was made by the UK TV Channel 4.

@ snuffster: Is that a historical drama or documentary? One genre of films I collect is historical dramas. There are lots of UK made ones that are hard to get around here.

Xander, Its historical drama. It was made for UK TV by one of our channels. I highly recommend it: try Googling. If you have problems, its available in my local store - happy to get one for you if needs be, but I would think its available somewhere on the net.

Ok, thanks, I will look it up. I can’t really watch DVDs made in the UK as you have a different color formating system, and also most DVDS are region encoded to prevent them being sold in different markets. Sometimes I can watch on my computer, but not my TV. For most British productions, there pretty much has to be a North American edition for it to be viable. So you getting one for me probably would be futile. Being as its a Channel 4 production and not BBC makes it less likely, but we do get some of their productions. Thanks for the offer though.