Any Sam Gawith Fans?

I love Sammy G snuff. I have upwards of 40 varieties from them. Some of my favorites include; Golden Glow, Peppermint Gold, Cob Gold, Princes Dark, Cob Dark, Richt Kind, all the Dr Verey’s, Auld Sannick, McCombie, London Brown, Lavender Gold, Otterhound, Wild Duck, Apple, Honey, Banana. The list can go on and on. I too was disappointed when they switched to the tap out containers, but fresher snuff without rust isn’t all bad either. As for stores that carry a large SG selection, if you are in the UK My Smoking Shop has a lot, and Snuff Store’s selection is almost as large, if not larger. You really can’t go wrong with Sam Gawith.

1 Like

Yeah, I hate ordering from over seas, when I ordered snus from sweden it took 5 days max ( I live in GA ) but orders from england take a week at least and sometimes 2. Ive ordered from snuffstore and had a great experience, however they rarely update their reviews on their. If you look their Sam Gawiths have said that they havent had the chance to try them though its said that fro quite some time now. I love menthol man. I cant get enough of the POschls but they are very cloggy. As far as the snuffing from back of the hand, I only really do this with moist snuffs, If they are dry, like most of the toques I pinch and sniff, and if some of the SG I get are fine or Dry then Ill just tap some into one of my smash boxes and pinch from there. Its just that I want to broaden my horizons on snuff and try diff companies and such but on snuff store the selection is pretty big, and some have no reviews on snuffreviews.com and even then I prefer to see about 4-5 reviews to get a general view so I can make an informed decision, although everyones preferences are different and some people descibe certain flavors of snuff that I still dont get from the ones I have. lol But i just only have my b-day to get a nice selection to try out because cash is very tight.

Oh, and Im lazy when it comes to searching and I know some posts start out about one thing and then turn into a diff topic all together. So i just wanted an update from those of you lucky enough to have tried a lot of diff snuffs.

I agree with that but I worry if we don’t buy what they offer domestically, then they will look at sales and say, “Well, sales of our snuffs in the US are poor, so no reason to expand our selection there.” So even though the four they offer us are kind of lame, when I get one, I get it from a US shop. So far that’s only been Raspberry, which I wasn’t impressed with. Far better than Pöschl’s but weaker than Toque’s or McChrystal’s. I haven’t tried anyone else’s Raspberry yet.

Agreed. I like the apricot, which is very good if you like apricots. For that reason, I will make sure to order from Nicotine Rush for the flavors offered in the U.S. The SG Apricot is much better than the Gawith offering.

Gawith Apricot (not SG Apricot) is wicked, nasty, choking, post nasal dripping, hacking, coughing, won’t let you breathe medicine. Everything is better than that! [Except Magnet Peach of course]

I just cant realy enjoy the fruit snuffs. I mean ST Clements is fantastic but its really the only fruity snuff I can use daily. Apricot is delicious and so it is in snuff. But I cant constantly use it and actually only use it once a day if that. I am gonna try other fruit snuffs just to have them for different moods but primarily I like a good tobacco base with a subtle background scent and I am willing to try perfumed snuffs just to see how they hold up. I mainly enjoy the menthols because the scent lingers for a while and the non mentholated snuffs hit good and wake you up or pick you up but the scent , for me , is gone in less than 2-3 mins, which is ok, but I wish it would just hang on a lil longer.

I guess you could call me a Samuel Gawith fan, having just bought 250g tubs of Blue Crest and Yellow Crest. I still have tubs of KB Special, Irish D and Bouquet on hand as well, and then there are various tins and dispensers in the drawer. Yes, call me a fan!

I am still in SG testing mode. Some I like some I don’t, but for some reason I don’t choose them too often. You never know as we sniff our way through our collections what will end up being the “new” thing. At least for a time.

I’m a fan of Samuel Gawit! I’ve got more SG snuffs than any else and I can’t wait to try lots of other varieties, they have such a wide range I’m struggling about what to get next.

Gawith Apricot is one of my favourites, soft on the nose, small dose of menthol and the aroma is from heaven!! Magnet Peach, mixed into Taxi Blue is a superb snuff I take LARGE pinches of both these babies, never want to be without them. That is the wonderful world of snuff…there is something for every nose. And we all agree to disagree. As for SG Black Coffee I agree, it must be the best commercially produced coffee snuff available at present. I’m in the lucky position to have ample stock of the best coffee snuff ever made…CS4. Unfortunately it is the same as with Spanish Jewel; if you don’t know the maker of the snuff, you can’t get it. I really love Samuel Gawith snuffs, never had any bad experience with their products. @ Xander … Magnet Peach is out of stock for months already. Soon as I get some fresh supplies, I will send you another tin to try. Something must have been wrong with the sample which you’ve got.

LOL, Xander really loves the Magnet Peach, he told me so.

No, please!!! Not that, anything but that! What cruelty! :'+(

Haha, it’s either waterboarding or Magnet Peach… take your pick!

Samuel Gawith offer more genuine variety than any other company, and has a pedigree almost as old as Wilsons of Sharrow. They offer some excellent and increasingly rare all-natural snuffs ranging in mill from the heavy London Brown or Black Rappee to superfine Irish - none of which are, perhaps, really suitable for the neophyte. Irish D(ry) Light, by the way, used to be sold at an inflated price by the original Fribourg & Treyer as their HDT before they went out of business in 1981. This is, in my opinion, superior to that now marketed by Wilsons under the same name. Original Kendal Brown still uses the same grind and recipe as Harrison’s 1792 creation, and is not to be confused with snuffs marketed by other companies under the non-proprietary name of Kendal Brown. This is the genuine product. The ‘unscented’ SPs are as good as they get. Some interestingly flavoured (and by no means unpleasant) gros snuffs are available such as Princes Dark, Cob Dark or Mastiff. Meanwhile, menthols, fruit flavoured and some heavily scented medium brown demigros snuffs - such as Otterhound -are also available for those who want them.

Thanks for chiming in, PhilipS. I recently got Smith’s Princes Dark. I thought it was wonderful, though a bit harder to get into the nose than the F&T Princes and Princes Special. This one did not like to be pinched, so a little spoon helped. It was certainly more gros than F&T. (can I say “more gros”) How does that compare to Samuel Gawith’s?

Im taking some SG Scotch Sp right now, any idea why its called Scotch? Is it toasted maybe?

I once got a sample of Magnet Peach sent to me from a fellow member in a small baggy. I hated it. Thought it was the worst ever, and actually dumped it after a few tries. Yet I was intrigued still, and read many glowing reviews. I finally got an unopened actual “tin”, and it was a totally different experience. This time is was very good. I now rate this as a very nice snuff, and the best SA snuff overall, with Singleton’s Menthol next. Oh, and my next order I am getting all 4 of the SG snuffs.

There are quite a few more than 4 SG’s. I think they have the highest number of blends.

Yes, I was referring to the 4 available from the US distros.