NTSU !!!

Very interesting…what are they calling it at the shop? Is it a South African product?

NTSU is the proper name for this South African made snuff. Although it says on the lid M.L.P. Distributors, Wesleys Tobacco is the only place where I could find this snuff. Wesleys is the only online tobacconist in SA. NTSU is listed on Filek’s list and at SnuffTalk you will find one review which is not very flattering. On the lid it says M.L.P. Distributors, Johannesburg, no indication of who makes it. I have an idea that it is related to Taxi and will talk to my friend at our local shop about it. Debbie, you can google Wesleys. But they are terribly expensive as far as postage and shipping are concerned. Postage in SA for 3 tins of snuff was more than half of what I pay for a package from SnuffStore. Tom, I will try and post a picture as I would like all of you to see this “snuff”. It’s actually tobacco crumbs but what is funny about it is that it sits well in the nose. That’s after I’ve dried it completely.

It sounded like school initials…Nine Times Snuff University! Sounds like a great snuff!

I think the initial response is “bad”, because these SA snuffs are just different, and wet. But after you chop it around with a knife a little, and let it sit open for a bit, they are very good, solid coarse straight snuffs. I did think the Magnet Peach, and Taxi Rock, and Wilson(SA) Menthol, and Singleton’s Super Menthol are comparable to Euro snuffs though.

I like a moist snuff. I think these would be popular in dry climates.

Wesley’s Pieter’s creative etymology not withstanding; Ntsu means “eagle” and is also a popular man’s name.

Ntsu is also the sound that you make when sneezing…say it out loud and you will hear what I mean. :<)

well NTSU…as per my knowledge is manufactured by an Indian based in S.A…it has huge market in S.A…very strong snus…mainly used for chewing.

Filek, that’s it!!! Where does Gawith comes into the picture? And yes Namrata, as I’ve said already, it’s actually tobacco crumbs and not snuff. But it is easy to snuff once it’s been dried out. I’m going to put some in my lip now, never tried it before but there is always a first time.

must be 2 in 1…!!!no idea about African users… and that the reason said MAINLY USED FOR CHEWING…hope Pieter can do more research on this issue!

What is Pan Masala?

combination of some spices with betelnut and tobacco.

To be chewed? And spit?

Well, I’ve had the NTSU in my lower lip now for about 10 minutes. It stung a bit at first and then it changed to a soft, sweet taste. It has formed a nice “plug”. It is not producing any coloured spittle, so I don’t know if it’s safe to swallow. Wish someone could advise me about this. It’s quite nice and I can feel the nicotine kick. At the same time I have some Manjul up my nose, I’m really into some Indian world now. Very nice indeed!! This is a good combination, I love it!! Namrata, I will talk to my friend at the tobacco shop tomorrow. I’m sure he will be able to shed some light on this topic.

thanks Pieter! true Indian fan!!!

Pieter- try an American scotch in the mouth.

I’ve rinsed my mouth now, the stuff came out in one piece, almost no crumbs left. This is something totally new to me, I’ve never had tobacco in my mouth before. I’m now going to try some American Peach, Tom. I hope I will live to tell you about it!! May I swallow the juice?

No, spit the juice. And dump a small amount of the powder in the lower lip, and it will form there, spitting the excess out. It’s not bad once you get used to the procedure. I used to dip Bruton and all of them.

Great find, Pieter! I was sure you’d turn this one up eventually!

I tried some American Peach in my lip and although it was quite nice, I doubt whether I will do it again. I prefer the snuff IN my nose rather than BENEATH it!! Xander, I will talk to my friend today and see if I can get NTSU via his shop. Anybody who would like to try this can let me know and I will get you a tin. But, be warned, this is NOT your ordinary snuff.