Shipping from UK to US

Thanks Dave, One more thing: a smart purveyor will put the gift card option at the end of the checkout procedure (after shipping and totals are all included) with a big notice “international orders please use the gift card option”. Then you buy your card for the amount of the total, await the email confirmation and gift card code, return to the store checkout, enter the code in the “apply gift card” box, and you’re done.

This sucks. My Smoking Shop had a lot of the harder to find stuff. Now the only place to order such things as the Poschl Schmalzler’s and Swedish Match snuffs is from Rajek’s.

Have you asked them what other methods they can accept? An email with the info? A phone call with the info? Postal mail delivery of payment?

Nope. It says that they cannot SHIP anything to the US. So no matter how you pay, they still can’t SHIP it.

That’s crazy.

It sure is confusing. It makes it sound like it’s not the CC company, but maybe MSS just doesn’t want to deal with shipments to the US anymore.

Yes, that’s what I was thinking too.

If it was the CC then they would have to sell everything by mail order, like Mars did for a while.

Right, so this isn’t even about CC’s or payment, it’s about a shop that doesn’t want US business.

I don’t know if they don’t want US business… It just doesn’t add up, is all I’m saying.

Sorry to go on and on about this, but it is odd, did you ask them why?

Quote from Leman’s initial post:“Recently My Smoking Shop has stopped shipping to the US. When I contacted them, they said that it is permanent, and the reason is restrictions from Visa and Mastercard, and that no UK Tobacconist can ship to the US.”

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Well, I get the impression they just don’t want to ship to the US and made that up as an excuse, as we have had 2 UK sellers tell us that is not true. And that’s their choice, we have US sellers that don’t ship out of the country as well.

With Snuff Store getting in Chapman, Paul Gotard, Three Musketeers and more Sammy G, maybe they will start to stock some of the more obscure stuff soon. I’m also hoping that Nicotine Rush will be able to expand it’s inventory as well.

Hi Guys, I think there’ll always be ‘a way’… If the worse comes to the worse in the UK, I have three other processing companies that have said they’ll be happy to have our account, but fingers crossed - it only seems to be a problem with the main banks so far and not a problem with the processing companies. Of course collectively we’re all trying to increase our inventory and offerings, but we also hit a brick wall with some of the manufacturers having restricted availabilty of their snuffs in certain countries. This is often down to trade mark problems, or just down to perceived sales volume not being ‘worth their while’ printing warning labels in English. In the UK we can’t officially get Silverstone as it’s a trade mark of the Grand Prix racing track for example. So, some of the ‘harder to find snuffs’ are difficult to get hold of because of this - point in question is Packards Club. This was discontinued in the UK last Summer, even though it’s an old UK brand / blend originally… It actually was a good seller and in my opinion was pulled ‘too early’. Internet stores such as Snuff Store had only just got going, the smoking in enclosed premises legislation was only just kicking in in the UK and the result of that; what with people looking for a viable alternative to having to smoke cigarettes outside in the cold winter months hadn’t fully been realised. I think if it was left to run for a few more months they wouldn’t have pulled it. We’re now treated much differently by all the UK manufacturers thankfully, but as with anything in life; as a new business back then, you have to show that you ‘mean business’. Cheers TimSnuff Store

I have a system for ordering snuffs, and MSS was my Sam Gawith shop, they have the biggest selection of SG that I have found. Snuff Store is getting a large SG selection, so I’ll just get it there from now on. I really do prefer doing business with Tim, than with MSS, so this isn’t all bad.

Just confirmed today by Jamie at snuff.me.uk, they are still shipping to the US. Before we jump to conclusions about MSS we should probably hear from Simon there and find out the details. He may have a specific reason for dropping US shipments that we aren’t aware of. I personally want to see all of the snuff purveyors flourish and profit. Although, we do enjoy the benefits of a very cheap and novel product due highly to its socially covert image. I’d like to see snuff reclaim its rightful position in society and become popular again but that could lead to the end of its modest pricing. Perhaps we can take a history lesson and use the symantics game. Instead of calling it tobacco snuff, we can refer to it as herbal nose powder or some such nonsense.