Is it OK to snuff everyday?? How often do you take snuff?

You can olnly judge for yourself whether or not your nose needs a break, you can usually tell as your nose will get very blocked or red and sore so snuffing isn’t fun anymore, then its time for a break! When I first started snuffing my nose got sore on a few occasions, now I can snuff all day and my nose doesn’t complain at all.

1 Like

Has your intake gone up Laz?

I snuff all day everyday. I go through a box of snuff about every four to five days. The box being a poschl 7-10grams. No ill effects so far after about six months except clogging now and then but that can in part be attributed to the fact that I started using 12 hour nasal sprays and when I don’t take a dose now and then the nasal passages shut off completely.

Roderick, I also only snuff when I want to…and I “want to” about 6 times per hour.

1 Like

It depends on what I am doing that day and what snuff I am using. If I am writing a my computer and it is something I have to think about as I am doing it I can use 10g in a day. Most week days when I am out and about I have 4 or 5 snuffs to start my day and I would say a gram or two when I get home. I dip more during the day than snuff so I do 2 or 3 during the day.

I switch snuffs off and on throughout the day. It might be interesting to just use one for a day, and see how big a dent my normal usage makes in it. But I like the variety and assortment, so I don’t know if I will do that.

Geezzz… I’m just one step removed from being a a ‘teatotaler’ amongst this crowd. :wink:

To me it varies; some days I pinch every ten minutes, throughout the day, while other days I pinch only a few times. It depends on the snuff type also - with a dark moist snuff, I definitely pinch more often, than with a High Toast type.

I think I am a chain snuffer. But many times, I’ll get the nose run, dab a bit, then eventually have to blow, and then to another pinch. But it is near constant use, unless I’m just busy and not just sitting at my desk. On the go, I usually grab a Poschl container. I think they make the best “on the go” snuffs.

I’ve seen myself go through 10gms in a day but this usually happens on my days off from work. I’m a maintenance technician by trade and i work in a very oily/greasy invironment so i tend not to indulge in snuffing too much in work (taking a pinch with oily hands somewhat diminishes the flavour a tad). If you ever want to call in to see me at work i’ll be the one with my safety glasses covered with snuff (as they hang around my neck). My keyboard on my pc suffers the same fate.

No actually snuffster, probably the opposite at the moment, when I first got into snuff I was using it every single day at least 10-15 times, nowadays I rarely use it 10-15 times a week…which would explain why I’m having trouble getting through my collection!

[quote]If you ever want to call in to see me at work i’ll be the one with my safety glasses covered with snuff (as they hang around my neck). My keyboard on my pc suffers the same fate.[/quote] LMAO! Mine end up the same way. One of these times I’ll put them on and get my eyes full of snuff. And I dumped probably a 1/2 gram out of my keyboard the other night. I guess I should have tried it.

One big reason I snuff alot, aside from really liking it and taking to it right away, is my very boring desk job as a file clerk. I can literally sit here all day, and snuff, and brouse the internet. of course I do get my work done too.

If I had a desk job I would snuff all day long but unfortunately my job involves being ‘out and about’ alot and its not always practical to use snuff.

More often when I’m not working. I don’t have a desk bound job which might be good thing if taking excessive snuff is found to be actually bad for you. I like a bit of twist tobacco if I’m doing gardening or such like to keep me perked-up.

I’m generally at a desk all day. Typically I have a pris of snus in all day and will pop open the snuff tin 2-3 times an hour. As it’s allergy season in Texas my mentols travel with me.

No clue, i do snuff all day everyday i go true a 10gr tin in about 2-3 days, so i sniff less them some and more then other!!!

Alright! I am starting to get a little jealous. So much snuff, so little time.

Collierboy, I have the same problem w/ keyboard, May have to get a mini vac!! All day every day back to back at work I take like 4 with me on my forklift and usually a few more in the breakroom in a bag I usually take with me.Also seem to dip and snuff concurrently at work but since my newfound love of snuffing has taken over , i have not taken any of my “moisties” from my sack as I enjoy the Scotches, Maccoboy and Checkerberry more orally and love the versatility of them!!!

@Snuffster same goes for me, I take breaks every now and then, usually without notice, and most likely because I don’t have that same level of addiction that cigarettes had on me; I a way more in control with snuff.