TAXI

D-D-D Lol

I only have the Magnet, and it is pretty fine. Probably about the same grind/moisture Sam Gawith Dr. Verey’s Plus, if you’ve ever had that. Maybe Tim can tell us if it is the same as the Taxi, but I can’t imagine a Taxi product that fine. Who knows Taxi Rock could find it’s way onto my next Snuff Store order.

ive never tried it. ive always heard it smells/tastes like cow dung. ill pass… haha

Well, if Taxi smells like cow dung, then I like the smell of cow dung!! It’s not one of my favourites and I only sniff it when it’s mixed with Magnet Peach. But, it’s not a bad snuff after all. Only thing is, one should let it dry out completely, spread out on a big plate. The older and dryer it becomes, the better the taste, smell and nicotine hit. So, if you don’t like it at first, just hide it somewhere and try it later. LONG LIVE COW DUNG SNUFF!!! Cheers

I thought sprangalang ordered some Ntsu from Wesley’s but I could be remembering wrong on who it was?

I emailed Mars to see if they were still interested in carrying Dingler snuffs.

Yes Trout, I did, you have a good memory! I did not like the NTSU too much. In fact the whole tin is still left. Dry now. I may try doing something with it. Taxi though, that’s a good one in my book. Rich raw flavor, with a creeper nic buzz. Hard to sniff though. About time to break out another one. I’ve been using the empty plastic “tin” for carrying a few snus pouches with me.

@ spranagalang: the Taxi tins are pretty good, I agree I just visited a scrapyard taking all my scrap metal with a buddy of mine. Its right near the city dump and a prison. The air smelled. Taxi was the only thing on my mind. I don’t know what it was maybe the muddy ground, maybe the dump, maybe the scrapyard. Something really smelled like Taxi there. On the upside, I did introduce my buddy to snuff. He took Toque Chocolate, twice. I offered him Toque Original too but he declined. They were the only snuffs I was carrying. He seemed very curious about it. He asked how did I ever discover snuff? “It’s a long story, I told him”

The user and all related content has been deleted.

BIG D, try some peach and red mixed…awesome!!!

I just did some Taxi Menthol I just got from MrSnuff along with his other S. African snuffs. I like it, but it’s very different, and my question is, the “menthol”, has an odd cleaner type essence, which to me isn’t bad, but could this actually be the amonia I hear so much about, or is it just how it is?

tom502, I can’t tell whether it’s ammonia/amonia. What I can tell you is that Taxi Menthol is the only snuff I dumped after one pinch.

Sacrilege!

I have to admit that Taxi is the one snuff that I didn’t like at all. Remember that childhood time-telling singsong about it being “half past the monkey’s ass”? Well, I had totally forgotten about that little nonsense rhyme. That is, until I opened a tin of Taxi Red, and, out of nowhere, that rhyme just came flooding into my head. I think there’s even a time and place for the most sickeningly sweet American scotches, but I just can’t hack Taxi. No way, no how.

Well, I just picked up the Taxi Red and Taxi Green from Mr. Snuff and I like 'em both. I find the taxi green to be like a toned down version of NTSU menthol. I have tried the Taxi Spearmint before, which I got from UK snuff store. Unfortunately that tin was not near as moist as these new ones I just picked up. While the spearmint was okay, I imagine it would have been even better had it been as fresh and moist as the ones I just got.

I like the Taxis too, even the menthol, but that menthol is still a bit odd, and not like most menthols. I thought maybe it was ammonia I was smelling, but I let the wife smell it, and she said it smelled like mentholyptus. But as I think right now, the only one I’d rebuy, of the new S.Africans that just became available is the Venters. The Singletons Super Menthol is missing the super, big time, it’s very very slight in menthol.

How does the Venter’s compare with other camphor/menthol snuffs? I do enjoy GH CM and SG Zip so I was wondering if it’s worth my while getting hold of some of the Venter’s.

Well… it is unique, but that’s the grind and moisture, with is pretty coarse and high, but the scent/essence is very nice and cooling. Different than the Euro snuffs, but very pleasing, and quite strong for an SA menthol.

@Tom, Did you get both Singletons? I got both, one comes in a round green dispenser with a snuff hole similar to the Ozona, and the other is in one of those Taxi like tins. I don’t much care for the one in the Taxi-like tub, but the other one is great. Good flavor, little better grind.

what happened to the magnet??? I only tried it once but it was really awesome.