Samuel Gawith - Yay or Nay?

What is everyone’s general impression of Samuel Gawith snuffs? Here are the varieties that I am looking into: After Glow Wild Duck Dark Cob No. 1 High Mill Banana Blue Crest Black Coffee

The No. 1 High Mill is superb in my opinion and I’m also very keen on the Cob Dark. Blue Crest and Black Coffee are good but I’m less enthused about the others. You’d be best off having a look at the Snuff Reviews site.

1 Like

Samuel Gawith are my second favourite snuff makers at the moment, after Wilsons of Sharrow/F&T. Their No.1 High Mill and Black Coffee are superb. Their Wild Duck is good too, but a bit strange - a KB scented with peppermint. Their SP Scotch and Kendal Browns are classics too. Golden Glow is also a nice one. Snuffreviews.com has quite a lot of them covered.

1 Like

I have been holding myself back from dumping my Wilson’s Peppermint into my big tin of Sam’s KB Special only because I have no idea if I’ll ever be able to buy another big tin of it. A peppermint KB sounds heavenly. I can imagine few things better, but then again I’m a simple man!

1 Like

I am partial to their Irish D - among the best toasts made, imho.

1 Like

Definitely Yay! They make some real good snuffs.

1 Like

'nuff said. Some of thier flavors seem so unique. Should be a nice change of pace.

1 Like

I’ve got a lot of snuffs from SG that I wouldn’t want to be without. Golden Glow, Dr. Verey’s Plus, Peppermint Gold, X Blend, Cuckoo, and Honey to name a few. I see Wild Duck mentioned here, and I just haven’t decided if I like that one or not. It is a strange snuff.

1 Like

Here is what I ended up ordering: Banana Otter Hound Wild Duck No.1 High Mill Grousemoor Blue Crest Black Coffee Dark Cob I love the names that SG gives their products. I prefer the “fancy” names to just “Raspberry”. Cukoo sounds pretty wacky, kind of like Wild Duck.

1 Like

After a few pinches of Cob Gold I had to resurrect this thread. I too like the “fancy” names of snuff. Makes me feel “fancy”, just like my watch and tiny spoon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m really enjoying Yellow Crest lately. Compared to Wilsons, F&T, Toque, and Dholakia, SG is poorly respresented in my collection. Slowly and steadily I’ve been getting more and more of them. They really need to expand their lame US offerings though.

1 Like

Angels are singing with Honey flavor. Thanks.

1 Like

I like their Golden Glow, Black Coffee and Dr Verey’s, Oh not forgetting Zip!

1 Like

SG Black Coffee is heavenly, I’ve got a full tin and I’ve already ordered some more. Never want to be without it.

1 Like

is the banana any good? i was considering putting that in among my next batch i order

1 Like

I like the Banana. It’s the only one around (that I know of). I have 30g of it.

1 Like

After hearing about their apple, that one is on my wishlist.

1 Like

I have almost all the SG snuffs now, and there aren’t any I don’t like. Some of them aren’t every day users, but they all have their place in the lineup.

1 Like

Some are a bit too perfumy for me, so I tend to stay away from those. A good deal of them are superb. SG has something for everyone, that’s for sure. They just happen to make the best fruit snuffs.

1 Like

A definite Yay from me - I only have a handful of SG snuffs, but they are all very good indeed.

1 Like