Inflamation in nose.. could it be fungus?

I got a pain inside my nose in one spot from time to time… its bearable and not constant, but I notices some little white 2-3 pimples. I suspect it may be some fungal infection. I stumbled across an article stating that nicotine may influence growth rate of Candida “(…) study demonstrated that nicotine promoted C. albicans growth rate and adhesion, which correlates with previously reported studies showing a high rate of oral Candida carriage in tobacco smokers compared with non-smoker (…)” https://academic.oup.com/femsyr/article/19/2/foy123/5195522 What do you think? Ive alredy got some fungal infection not long ago, so I guess it could somehow been transfered there. Cant go to doc in this crazy time focused on pandemic threat, so Ive decided I will use my prescribed med for the fungus on that spot (Google is my doc lol). I hope thats it, cant think of anything else that could be happening. But yeah, its irritating for sure!!

I’m going to say “not likely.”  If it were in the mouth, throat or sinuses then maybe.
It could very well just be folliculitis caused by too much blowing / picking.

The most common culprit in infecting these is a bacteria called Staphylococcus.

You could try applying a little bit of triple-antibiotic such as Neosporin to see if that helps.

4 Likes

@Cibguy thnx, yea I definitely mangle too much in my nose recently… I will look into that.

2 Likes

I agree with Cobguy its most likely an infected nose hair follicle, its quite common and most people dont even notice when they get them(unless they are picking or blowing their nose or something) but a snuffer notices them immediately our habit makes us very conscientious about our noses.

2 Likes

Since this morn’ as soon as I opened my eyes, my whole nostril was in pain… subsided completely now by the evening. I will surely call a doc tommorow, for a prescription maybe. Just hope my explanation wont lead him to start convincing me into quitting :-@

I believe I must get just a bit more well-mannered or gentle with my nose habits lol

1 Like

As soon as my left nostril healed almost completly, the other one suddenly got painful. Turned out I got an open wound inside… took a 4 day break to heal, still bothers me when I strech it a bit. I guess my nose is evolving after years of snufftaking, no idea :smiley: will give it a break for some more time to reset