Go back in time and give yourself advice on snuff

Don’t buy snuff in tap boxes; get the tin or bag instead even if it’s 25g and you only want to sample. The larger the tin generally the better the stuff’s freshness: aroma and moisture. Try sticking with a bad (at first) snuff (within reason). I remember being repulsed when I first tried a South African snuff (heavy ammonia, like horse). Fast forward a couple years and I’ve enjoyed 20+ tins. Sometimes the nose needs a few experiences to learn the pleasure. The Friborg & Treyers are largely pretty far off the wall and you can probably focus your energy elsewhere. Keep the Indian snuffs separate. Ideally all the snuffs go in glass. Heavy scents like in the 6Photo sample pack easily make their way out of their plastic rolls and into screw top tins while in storage. Toque economy bags too. MrSnuff, Toquesnuff and snuff.me.uk are all reliable, quick to ship. Best Toque, F&T & Silver Dollar come from Toquesnuff (but I believe MrSnuff now too is in the same space). MrSnuff has the market on Sir Walter Scott and Rosinski snuffs, both of which deserve our time. Bullets and spoons aren’t as elegant as guessed to use or to be seen

6 Likes