Taxi Red - knocks ya socks off

@pauljmuk, if you should search “TAXI” you will find a lot of info about both Blue and Red. I keep most of my snuff in Taxi tins, best on the market!! I’m talking about the larger, 25g tin.

Tried the Taxi Blue today. Enjoyed the aromas of hay, grass & just a nice barnyardy smell that reminded me of being in the country. At first, the nicotine level was ok, but about 5 minutes into it, BOOM! My heart rate began to increase and a mild sickness began to come over me. I felt dizzy and anxious. Went a took a hot shower and the ill effects began to subside after about 10 minutes. Too strong for me. I shall put this up for trade. I hate to do it because I really enjoyed the aromas. :((

I generally avoid very strong nicotine products to keep my tolerance at a lowish level so when I do feel like getting all FUBAR, I can thoroughly ‘enjoy’ it. You think Taxi is strong. I suggest you avoid Oden’s Extreme snus.

I love Taxi Red. The only thing that keeps me from using it daily is it’s availability. It’s tricky to find it and when you do it’s often out of stock. I like it because you don’t need much, a single toot in each nostril and your good to go. Taxi Green is nice too, but I prefer the red. As someone who enjoys Taxi red, it may seem odd to say I agree with @SnuffySnuff in regards to any extreme snus…for some reason I’m not able to use the strong or extra strong snus without getting sick from the whallop of Nicotine.

Tried the Red for the first time yesterday. I’ve had the green previously, Nice Nic hit but I did’t think it was as much as people made it out to be. Just a nice strong snuff IMO.

2 Likes

ntsu black didnt do anything for me, is red stronger?

https://youtu.be/hrUQ1Gl3PUs

2 Likes

Cool vid Chris. I certainly get what you’re saying about layering on top with different scents. I have used these SA snuffs as a “catchers mitt” for taking fine snuffs which would otherwise problematic for me. It’s kind of like fitting a filter up your snout so the finer grinds stop in your face rather than heading for your throat, and I never really had any issue with conflicting scents. While it does have it’s own scent, I found that it melded quite well with other snuffs.

2 Likes

So do you guys let your Taxi air out or take it fresh from the stables? I’ve always aired it out in the past but this time I’m enjoying it fresh. Does the ammonia make it stronger? Gosh it’s strong

1 Like

ammonia is a drug so there could be some synergistic effect. Like there is with nicotine and pretty much every popular drug.

1 Like

though it’s really not good for the respratary system to breath ammonia. Doubt the amount is enough to be a problem but worth considering.

1 Like

@ar47 I never air it. Ammonia does make it stronger (household ammonia solution has a pH of around 11), so it’s there for the pleasure.

Generally, water-based alkalized snuff looses it’s potency upon drying/airing it out (i.e. nicotine remains, but its uptake/absorbtion level lowers due to a pH decrease). Such potency drop is really noticeable with coarse snuffs.

Talking about ammonia, have you tried NTSU Black? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As stated in the following research paper (2003), “The most popular [South African] smokeless tobacco brands [i. e. nasal snuff NTSU, Taxi Red, Singleton] showed the highest percentage free base nicotine ever reported for any industrialised smokeless tobacco or cigarette brands.”

( https://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/tobaccocontrol/13/2/186.full.pdf )

TAXI NTSU

2 Likes

@ volunge

Now I understand why South African snuff has become my top favorites of late.

1 Like

Taxi Red Extra Strong versus Taxi Blue

What’s the difference?  I have the former on the way to me, but haven’t tried the latter either.  I only wonder because I don’t tolerate scented tobacco and if it is then I won’t pursue it

Cheers

1 Like

Both are plain, coarse and moist, the red one is stronger/more alkalized.

1 Like

NTSU regular is way better then TAXI red or blue

2 Likes

All right this is good to know.  I have NTSU black on the way too.  I think it’s also called NTSU original

2 Likes

The NTSU reminds me of cloth diaper bags before the wash…

2 Likes

Have fun watching this - some dip fiend derailed by Taxi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqVPE0CQ5qA

3 Likes