What is the strongest snuff(in nicotine) you ever had?

SG Black Rappee, or most any of the South African snuffs.

Yes, they are quite strong, but I’m able to take HUGE snuffs of them, and they are coarse snuffs… they don’t dump all the vitamin N at once.  The wave just keeps getting stronger till I either have some rye whiskey, or use a neti pot to clean me out.

3 Likes

@moemojo that was beautiful sir From what I’ve had recently, the strongest for me are SWS SJP, Dholakia Sparrow, NTSU Black, Taxi Red ES and SWS Fifty Fifty. Aroma and quality aside, all five are thoroughly satisfying. I put NTSU before Taxi because I find it much easier to take. For what it’s worth, I believe my new favorite SA snuff is Taxi Green. I received a tin last week and it lasted a few days. It’s not in the same class of strength as Red ES but it’s so easy to take and minty (when Fresh - my first dried tub wasn’t nearly as enjoyable) that I ended up likely getting more of what you’re asking for at a time than the stronger snuffs listed…

2 Likes

Fubar Snafu Plain or Fubar grunt? can someone who tried them both tell me which is stronger ?

@ALLex, Snafu Plain - it’s finer grind and made of rustica. By the way, 6P LA Natural is very similar (if not the same). LA Natural is rustica snuff. Grunt is coarser and didn’t do a thing to me (probably got a tub from old stock).

If you are chasing the nicotine, get yourself some Janta Dragon Brand Madras or 6P MG Madras, and you’ll be home.

2 Likes

Most heavy hitter I ever had was 41P White Elephant. Took my first pinch and after few seconds I had absolutely no idea what was going on… @-)

3 Likes

@volunge Thanks, i m gonna order some Dragon Madras !!

2 Likes

I have W.E. Garrett Scotch and have spent a few weeks with it, but it doesn’t work.  It’s literally like snuffing chalk for me.  There’s no effect or flavor at all

I know I’ve read on here about unprotonated and freebase nicotine, so I bet in my case anyway I’m unable to get anything out of the unprotonated snuff.  That’s interesting

Other than that, I’ve only had Samuel Gawith and McChrystal’s snuffs and they always deliver 

Sounds like expired stuff, @Gormur. Most tubs there are vintage/old.

@volunge Maybe you’re right.  It does have a scorched smell like I’ve read about here, but once you’ve snuffed a bit of it there’s not much aroma.  That might be because I’m used to moister material going up there, I don’t know

It does work but it doesn’t make me want to do more of it

The 6P Cheeta is the strongest I’ve tried. I find it so dry that it’s unpleasant on its own…goes directly to my throat. I’ve been using it as a booster to my Almond Toast snuff. This has made a great all around combo and experience.

2 Likes

FUBAR Shot of Rum Cheers Doc Holliday

2 Likes

Hey @volunge

It works now.  I decided to come back to it after a couple weeks.  It must’ve been the top layer or something that was too dusty and it didn’t work at all even when it stuck

It’s all right.  I don’t know if I could do big doses of this stuff though just because of the texture of it

1 Like

NTSU Black

Taxi Red isn’t quite as potent but its duration is about an hour, whereas NTSU Black lasts roughly 45 minutes

Everybody’s different, but for me that’s how it works :wink:

1 Like

JNF Dragon Madras is super strong with a perfect plain aroma, brown colour and a medium-fine grind. the best snuff

1 Like

@ALLex I’ve seen that one.  Apparently it’s unavailable right now because it vanished from where I’d seen it

I’ve looked through these threads on madras snuff, but what are they?  Am I right to assume it’s a spicy snuff?

@Gormur, no, Madras type snuffs are not spicy. They are plain, roasted in ghee.

@Gormur its plain and it leaves your nose with a ‘cigarette drag’ type of feeling/ aroma. Its heavy on nicotine. Hope they stock back soon.

Oddly enough, I’ve found that F&T Princes really smacks me, in the “lip full of dip” kinda way. Not sure if the high level of salt or the hefty burn have anything to do with this, but I’ve heard others say they find it fairly weak.

1 Like

I have my first 100gm batch of toque rustica. Do I need more nicotine? I think probably not.

2 Likes

6 Photo Cheeta is potent.  I think it has its uses.  I can use it a few times a day, but that’s it.  It’s something to do with the grind.  Although the scent doesn’t bother me, one has to know what it’s going to smell like and there really isn’t much of a smell at least to me.  It’s sort of a neutral smell, not pleasant but not bad either

I have Viking Thor’s Hammer coming as well as Samuel Gawith Kendal Brown Plain, so those should be fairly good.  My first snuff was the Samuel Gawith Kendal Brown Scented.  I remember it being quite good but it clogged my nose pretty badly.  Hopefully the plain version is a bit more forgiving :slight_smile:

2 Likes