but everything begins anew

the vastness suturing to slake

feelings now reformed, half-true

to numbness that the madness fakes

invades my mind, i laugh & cry

my oaths are broken, look away

civility turns blinded eye

to cover, slightly, shades of grey

I like it man. It delves deep then gets refreshing at the end. I always like reading poetry. There’s a certain sense of longing always associated with it. A little piece of infinity was brought back.

2 Likes

Really nice … thanks for sharing that.

It sounds like a place we’ve all been and makes old feelings swell within me.

~Darin

2 Likes

@ALLex, I surely hope English is not your primary language, something was lost in translation and you are not really that much of a douche bag.

2 Likes

I’m glad to know I’m not the only person that thought @ALLex 's comment was rude and inappropriate… I thought maybe I was missing something… 

2 Likes

@ALLex, sometimes its better to keep your negative opinion or review to yourself. Or at least word it with a little more taste and class. You came off as rude, arrogant, and my least favorite, passive aggressive.

3 Likes

That was not my poem, bright guy. I am just a dude who thought you were being an ass for no reason.

3 Likes

Oh!  I get it!

You feel free to criticize others, but are offended when criticized.

I know LOTS of folks like you.  :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ALLex if you look you’ll see, Chapman didn’t write the poem. He’s suggesting that your comment was out of line and out of place on this forum. Personally I agree with him. We try to keep things friendly and civilized here. Maybe you can keep your negative reviews to yourself?

Maybe this isn’t the right forum for you? 

2 Likes

@moemojo, I was not the one having my writing criticized, I do not mind constructive criticism, but when you are being a dick just to be a dick, yeah, I say something. Calling the persons poetry childish, was pretty uncalled for. I am leaving it at that.

2 Likes

Ok guys enough is enough… to answer your question @ALLex… YES, this is only a “friendly and good comments” forum. If you don’t like it feel free to leave. 

I hope you don’t leave, you seem to have interesting things to contribute. 
This forum has been doing fine without you as long as I’ve been a moderator here, since 2007. You’ve been here less than a month.

After this post I will delete any comments regarding this issue so please stop.

Thank you

4 Likes