Viking Dark & NTSU Black

Hey @ALLex Regarding drip, anything more than a light modest amount and I get plenty of drip, but usually front not back (like most darks). When it does back drip it isn’t uncommonly bitter or irritating. I reserve this (and all SG/Viking darks) snuff for use at home because I like to take lots at a time and that means lots of tissues. The Toques you have are more suitable for public use, where you can have a few pinches before a lunch and not worry about it looking like your nose started bleeding :slight_smile: I think the NTSU is stronger per-pinch but the NTSU is also a bit clogging so it’s easier to take larger amounts of the Viking and get to similar ‘nicotine’ satisfaction. With NTSUs high ammonia the nicotine is mostly in a bioavailable state that comes on (and goes) very quickly. I prefer to pinch moist darks. I’ve never considered back of the hand with them actually. I do that with drier, finer snuffs and am not sure if it would work well or not. I expect it would be pretty messy if it’s good & fresh. I say go for it. Maybe pick up some Tonka beans to store with a few tens of grams of it on the side to make your own Samuel Gawith Elmos Reserve.

2 Likes