Any serious tea drinkers?

If what you mean by serious is drinking it everyday then sure, I drink Yorkshire Gold almost exclusively. I used to be more into trying different kinds of tea back when high quality loose leaf teas were accessible to me. I’m too lazy to order anything other than tobacco products online though, so only common black tea for me. Sometimes black, but mostly with a splash of milk.

5 Likes

Yesterday was a Duck Sh–t Oolong kind of a day, very fortifying in the aftermath of a storm. 

Today is just Earl Grey.

Thanks for the link @moemojo definitely worth supporting.

4 Likes

I am very into all types of raw puerh that have not been aged for long. Whenever I have splashed out a bit and bought a more mature tea cake, I have found it to be too soft; I like a reasonably astringent feel to my tea. I usually buy online from the tea guru. Though not a connoisseur, I do recognise and love the chi factor in good tea and count myself a fairly serious tea drinker. Occasionally I will have a coffee, but I usually find that I have lost interest in the taste half way through the cup. The aroma is gorgeous to begin with, of course, but I inevitably end up pouring half of it away cold! Having said that, on the rare occasions I take menthol snuff, I do find coffee goes better with it; menthol overwhelms and spoils the taste of tea for me.

4 Likes

@omgroma I too have lost interest in coffee, not sure where you are, but in the US we have many options via new roasters but most do not appeal to me. At home I use a moka pot with Bustelo when I do have coffee (my preference is something close to espresso) but now find tea to be a much more enjoyable and reflective pursuit. I have not had a puerh in ages…maybe I will order one soon.

4 Likes

Yes, reflective; that is a good way of describing the engaging art of tea I think.

4 Likes

There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life. -Lin Yutang

4 Likes

IF anyone likes a good chinese tea, especially puerh I highly reccomend https://yunnansourcing.us/

4 Likes

I have been considering ordering something from them! Glad that they are legit!

3 Likes

Here is the link to the chaps I use in the UK. Great service and quick delivery (and I am fairly remote). https://theteaguru.co.uk/

5 Likes

@Omgroma I’ll second that, The Tea Guru is reasonably priced and fast. Proper Guildford lad.

I’m currently drinking some of his Red Water light roast Oolong, lovely stuff.

5 Likes

Well… I like tea. I dont love it, but I like it. Mostly in winter. I use to drink mostly black tea and also Earl Grey. I have never really tried white or green tea. Maybe something I d better do in near future.

I prefer Assam or Ostfriesentee. Sugared without milk though.

4 Likes

Turkish tea.  Served strong in Turkish tea glasses poured from a samovar.  oh yes.

6 Likes

I drink black tea before bed or cant sleep usually earl  grey 

5 Likes

Three Roses and Red Label are my go-to teas.  With a little cream. 

3 Likes

Japan green bancha, vintage pu erh, and black strong tea is my go to but all the tea tree is a real treasure if you have a good source… 

4 Likes

English Breakfast from Douwe Egberts!

6 Likes

Hi! Old thread, I know, but I would consider me a serious tea drinker. Lastly I tend to buy artisanal blends from a local blender. Blends of citric flavor are among my favorite ones.

5 Likes

I recently discovered Yerba Mate from a Uruguayan girl I met. More caffeine than black tea, less than coffee, but it lasts longer, no crash like coffee, nor acidic in my stomach. But I still like black tea. I also drink a lot of herbal tea for specific types of physical ailments.

5 Likes

Still the same!

1 Like

For me it’s not so much what varietals as brewing method. Some mornings I’m running out the door ( you would call it walking) buying a Pepsi at the closest store. Some mornings I just want to enjoy every pour of my gawain. I used to love loose leaf puerhs but have been lazy of late and drinking republic of tea earl greyer. I really enjoy the umami of green but it’s rather costly.

2 Likes