How long does it take you to go to work and working hours ?

Work day here in Italy is 8 hours in a day, so 40 hours in a week It takes about 30 minutes to get work

30 minutes to go there and the same back home.

Work is 8 - 10 hours. I work in an office enviroment. Break is 30 minutes at noon. The rest has to be worked… from monday til friday.

A relativelly average day here in Germany.

In 2008 my company did away with all offices except the vary large ones in places like Dallas and Atlanta. Those of us in field locations began working out of our homes. Technically it was a 40 hours week. But being in management, and working from home you never got away from it. But I finally got to the point that I would close the door and turned off email notifications on my phone. In spite of that I would choose a home office over having a formal location I had to show up to.

I took a severance package about 1&1/2 years ago. Now I am working on a contract basis. I get paid for 60 hours per week. Some weeks it takes more, some less.

Similar situation in that I have no office to report to. I drive to where I need to be for the day, usually several places, and finish up paper work where I am staying. I say where I am staying because I have not been home since the end of September. But I am going home on Feb 1st! (till the money runs out)

2 Likes

Right now the ground is covered with ice and snow, so I drive to work.  Probably a one minute or less commute. 

When the ice and snow is gone I’ll go back to riding my bicycle to work.  Maybe a three minute commute on my bike.

I mostly do the afternoon/evening shift at six hours five days a week ( thirty hours a week).  Occasionally I do the morning shift at eight hours a day, but not after the snow and ice are gone.  In nice weather I work for myself as a fishing guide and I lead wildlife photo safaris in the day time, and only work the evening shift.

4 Likes

This thread makes me wonder about members car snuff habits…I always end up losing a portion of the contents of snuff containers in the car…

3 Likes

My work is 2.5 hours from my home. I travel up and stay with a mate for a week or two. From his place its about an hour each way commute in heavy traffic. Luckily I only work about 15 weeks a year.

2 Likes

1 hour drive each way, 10-14/day.

2 Likes

I just re-read this thread.

Brothers and sisters, I love yall but I’m saddened.  Yall work too much (unless yer addicted to work and NEED it).

Move somewhere ya like that is cheaper then the big city ya live in, and either find work ya LOVE, or something that is easy and convenient.

Avoid debt like the plague.  Or at least pay it off as fast as possible.

I have only one debt: my house.  My wife and I only work about 30 hours a week each and have payed off half of our (cheap) house in less than three years!  It’s easy when there are no other debts. 

5 Likes

It only takes me about 15 minutes to get to work on a typical day.  I work the standard 9 to 5 at a large hospital. 

2 Likes

1.5 hours to and from work. I am a diesel mechanic now. I live in the country and can’t make the money I make locally. I work at a FCA dealership in Gladstone mo. And live just north of Warrensburg MO.

1 Like

I work all day. Either from home or office my job never ends. 

15 minutes to go to office.

1 Like

15 minutes on my bicycle 30 in my car lol

1 Like

Work from my house when I’m not on the road.

1 Like

5 minutes to work. 8 hours of work. 30 minute lunch. 40 hour workweek.

1 Like

Right now? A lot less time than usual!

3 Likes

5-10 mins. To work…8 hour day with a 1 hour lunch break. 40 hour work week, no weekends. This is a big change from my previous 18 years of non-profit work. When running the food bank I was on-call constantly…day, night, weekends, holidays. I guess this is why the result was burnout. More life balance now…Love it!

3 Likes

3 minute walk to the kitchen I work at. And a wonky kitchen schedual that’s all over the place.

5 Likes

Used to be a 50 minutes to 1 hour journey on the public transport to Central London. These days its from my bedroom to my sitting room. I usually work from 9ish to 5ish. Plenty of opportunities to snuff at home!

3 Likes

Hour and a half there and back. 15 hours a week . Suits me just fine . I used to work seventy two hours a week , far too much

I wake up around 9 a.m. It takes me several seconds to walk down the stairs from my bedroom to my studio. Working at a computer 5-6 hours a day for 5 days a week, Poland.