Snuff suddenly accompanied by a "spit" smell.

I recently suffered from a significant head cold, where my nose was so blocked up I couldn’t snuff at all. Short of jamming it up there with a finger, which I attempted a few times, it just wasn’t going in there. I fell back to snus for the duration, and now about a week after my head has fully cleared out, all my snuff seems to have a weird “old spit” smell riding shotgun. I have tried a few Poschl menthols, J&H SP #1, Viking Blonde… all of them seem to have it which makes me think that it’s something in my nose. Anyone else experience this weirdness?

Not sure what “old spit” smells like to be honest??

Ha! I suppose having 3 kids, and having them do weird things has introduced me to a whole world of smells that probably have not been experienced by others… I am not sure how exactly to describe it, aside from like a dried spit smell. It’s not a great scent, if I am being honest.

I’ve tried rinsing out the ol’ nasal passages too, but it persists, and is really starting to get old.

1 Like

I was getting a very odd smell in my sinuses after getting stuffed up and still using a mix of coltsfoot with a Rosinski…went away when I ran out of that. The sinuses are perplexing…

1 Like

Just thought I’d update that I am almost certain the weird smell I am attributing to “spit” is something coming from a tapbox of Poschl Gawith Original I just opened. I asked my wife who has a superhuman sense of smell, and she said she can smell it too. I think something must be off with it, as I’ve stuffed tons of this stuff up my nose without ever detecting this weirdness.  I guess it sort of “ghosts” my nostrils and made me think it was everything I was snuffing.  Glad that I am not going crazy, and I don’t have some weird superfungus growing in my nose… yet. 

That and the J&H SP No1 I just ordered both seem to have been less than fresh… I suppose that’s what I get for deviating from my usual Mr. Snuff for ordering. 

1 Like

You ordered a tap of of the JH n1?