OT: What Are You Reading?

Revisiting the best fantasy series I’ve so far read. “The Malazan book of the Fallen”, by Steven Erikson.

Scotland Yard Casebook by Joan Lock

Havent had much time to sit down and read lately due to wrenches thrown in the gears of an already chaotic life, but listening to Keep the Aspidistra Flying by George Orwell on audiobook whenever possible while doing house and yard work.

2 Likes

The Terror - Dan Simmons Erebus - Michael Palin is next I think

1 Like

@Betty_BW did you ever give Hank a try? I’m rereading the Hard Luck Hank series and just love it so much. Gotta go in order. Edit: the audio versions on Audible are so good too

2 Likes

@ar47 I’m thoroughly enjoying the first one and intend to get the rest. I do love a ripping yarn and a whole series even more. 

Should get me through the dark days ahead of the general election and brexit I think.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it :slight_smile: I’m on Basketful of Crap

2 Likes

That is such a great title. If I keep troughing through my recent Rosinski order at my current rate so will I be, lol.

2 Likes

I’m currently re-reading ‘Undaunted Courage’ by S. Ambrose, about the Lewis and Clark expedition. Great stuff.

3 Likes

‘Liberty Bar’, by Simenon. The older Penguin translation, not from the new series of translations.

1 Like

‘Learned Optimism’ by Martin Seligman

1 Like

From A Buick 8 by Stephen King. But in german Der Buick.

I try to read all the books of Mr. King. Almost for many many years as I don

1 Like

Spoiled Brats by Simon King was fun

1 Like

I’m reading “The complete life and times of Scrooge Mcduck.”  It came out in parts in '92-93 roughl and i only got my hands on a few…i’ve wanted to read this n it’s entirety since i was 10. Now at 35 i can finally achieve this dream.

1 Like

I’m back on the fabulous Pratchett with Mort.

2 Likes

@Betty_BW same here! But I skipped forward to one of my favorites: Theif of Time

1 Like

@ar47 Great choice, remember rule one!

2 Likes

Such Good Boys. It’s about a guy who killed his schizophrenic mother.

Text book of automatic pistols written by R.K. Wilson

The Spy and the Traitor by Ben Macintyre. A fascinating look at the Oleg Gordievsky case.

2 Likes