Dholakia Madras Toast

I have a tub from the first batch that Mrsnuff received(I think).  I like it, but now that I’ve had 6Photo MG Madras I like the MG much more.  MG has a much more rounded and richer toasted tobacco flavor, and is less clogging for me.

1 Like

yup, I can’t get on with this snuff either.  Less and less I’m thinking that it’s just my noob palate to blame

1 Like

After a couple of weeks away I came back to DMT I am warming up to it. Earthy sour clay, buttery, a tad scorchy, loads of tobacco flavor without any sweetness at all… bone dry dust in a medium fine grind…    However the nicotine can creep up and fool you in this one.  It does not have a great initial kick but there is enough in there to get your heart racing and your mouth running dry after a boxcar-load or two has been in your nose for 20 mins. 

1 Like

If you enjoy DMT and 6P MGM, there’s another one of that kind. FUBAR Toasted. A kicker when fresh. Really deep toast. Almost burnt. @haveawhiffonme

2 Likes

@volunge if my present stash does not do me in I would like to make a small purchase to try it out down the road. Always down for a trade too! I have a variety of of snuffs not pinched from or otherwise contaminated unless you count opening the lid to transfer contents :slight_smile: Edit: MG Madras damn near did me in already. There is also a minor scare always lurking in the DMT haha

can’t say I enjoy it, reminds me of dholakia swiss chocolate with a sour rancidity added in.  I had to look twice at the label to make sure they hadn’t sent me out the swiss chocolate, that’s how similar it seemed to me.  too bad as I really wanted to like this, in my mind I was imagining a buttery ghee over top a toasted flavour.  

I was going to ask how its base compares to Dholakia chocolate which I can not get beyond its horse dung after smell.

I’m not crazy about the Dholakia base myself either. Swiss Chocolate, Coffee Cream & Sandalwood all have a prevailing scent of the base with the specific scenting at most riding alongside, if not in the back seat to the base. Swiss Chocolate I actually love the aroma of, but the others not so much. The Chocolate is strong enough not to be overpowered and in my opinion it’s the best Chocolate on the market. Part of that I think is because I bought the 250g bulk - the others are 20 and 40g tins are not nearly as moist & aromatic.

1 Like

This is the only snuff that made my nose bleed.

Something is just off with Dholakia in my nose, although this is least apparent with the Madras Toast. Dholakia has some really wonderful scents in the foreground IMHO, but the background puts me off to the point of nausea in some cases. I would pay a premium for them to make some batches that were alkalized with something like sodium carbonate.

1 Like

My least favourite Dholakia was Black - like sniffing chalk with charcoal. My tub came completely dried out.

@RS422 Did it happen once, or every time you took a pinch?

@volunge Twice and so I binned itm

@sammyd13 yes, I threw away my chocolate because of exactly what you said… I was walking my dog to the park in the morning, took a hit, and said I just cannot handle this rancidness and tossed it in the trash. I cannot fathom what my dog would of made of the scent knowing the things he likes to roll in…

Dholakia snuffs are the only ones I’ve tossed, tried about 6 of them, I enjoyed the white the best except my snuff technique /nostril shape just isn’t adapted to it and I was getting actual pain in my lungs telling me it was entering.  I thought the swiss chocolate would be good and it wasn’t awful, it just reminded me a little too much of snorting cocoa powder like you find in the baking section of the grocery store, it just wasn’t an association/image that felt good on a subjective level, nothing against the scent itself.

For some reason before this thread I thought Dholakia was universally loved here. While most are not my thing, I never did not finish a fine of 6photo, so obviously not all Indian snuffs are the same,

6photo makes excellent snuff, haven’t had one I didn’t enjoy, I think they do mentholated snuff perfectly.

1 Like

I think my hunch before was that madras was a (mildy) spicy toast.  After trying it a lot and my eyes watering just now, I’d say it has some spice in it.  That means I can’t take it all the time, but maybe up to five times in a day

Dholakia Madras Toast is potent and the back drip is mildly hot to me, although I’m sensitive to spices in my nose.  I’m glad I have this because of its strength, but the taste puts me off multiple pinches.  In fact, I need to grab a cold drink here in a minute

1 Like

@gormur theres no spices per say, its the alkalizing agent thats giving you that burn. Its basically ghee toasted rustica alkalized with slaked lime, probably without salt.

1 Like

@Snuffalufagis I didn’t know it had rustica in it.  That makes sense

1 Like

I’ve been using more of this recently and quite like it.  It seems to clear up my sinuses but it doesn’t always work.  Still I like the nicotine hit it delivers.  Mind you, this is the same 50g tub I’m using I got last year (when I posted).  It isn’t something I can indulge heavily in

Now if we’re talking about English toasts, I can use 25g in 2 weeks.  But this stuff is a different type of toast that might leave you plugged up if you use it at the rate of an English toast

1 Like