Which snuff clears your head with greatest effect?

The only thing I have mentholated at the moment is Red Bull and it seems to stuff me up more after a very short period of clear breathing. I realize most of us respond differently to varying snuffs but wanted to see what works the best for other members. I can imagine that those higher in camphor or eucalyptus might be more effective to some than those which are more like true menthols.

Most any Schmalzer will give me a front, and back drip.  I just wait a few minutes and blow my nose and I’m WIDE open.

These work well for me:

Hedges L260

6 Photo Medicated #66

Polar Prise

Gletscher Prise

2 Likes

Menthols open me up momentarily, but then rebound and clog me up worse than I started out.  Hedges L260 rebounds the least for me, so it’s the only menthol I use.

I find a good oily schmalzer (natural, with no added menthol or scent) opens me up fast, and leaves my head open.  The excellent chocolate and raisin smell/taste is a great bonus!

3 Likes

Maybe I need to revisit schmalzers, I stopped because when out for an extend period drinking (getting drunk), they can make my head spin.

1 Like

Personally, nothing clears me and keeps me clear like Gekachelter Virginie.

Edit: Except maybe SWS Havana Toast.

1 Like

Another +1 for Gletscher Prise. And Red Bull Strong.

Red Bull Strong is what actually made me ask this as I got very stuffed up from it after the initial flow it created.

2 Likes

Southwest Rootbeer #2! I love the tobacco and the aroma, but WoW! Every time I pinch it a few minutes later I get a ~10 sneeze sneezing fit

I guess everyone reacts differently, it acts like Afrin for me.

When I am suffering from congestion/menthol-lock, I reach for an American Scotch (Superior is my personal choice).  I find that a fine and dry snuff opens me up in a way that medicine wishes it could claim to do!  i am  not the only member to think This, try iy you may be pleased with the result ts

4 Likes

Sturco/JIP as far as menthols go. But Toque USA W&H probably clears me out even more. Ambrosia gets my nose running too… wonder if it’s a rustica thing. 

3 Likes

Super M and SM Gold are my 2 power house menthols I use now and again. Both have good camphor which seems to hit the mark. My normal menthol is O&G but if I need something stronger I reach for the ones above.

2 Likes

Hands down USA W&H. As far as menthols then Dholakia Medicated No. 10.

1 Like