Six Photo MYSORE SANDALWOOD SNUFF

This is a new limited edition nasal snuff by 6 Photo:

Mysore

As the original description goes, “Pure natural sandalwood sourced from the jungles of Mysuru region of Karnataka is added to an exclusive snuff powder blend to create this masterpiece”. Additional details, provided by Vikas: base tobacco - same as Super Kailash, non mentholated, single flavour snuff - pure sandalwood oil only.

While I am sure I have encountered sandalwood scent in numerous products before, I really doubt that any of them contained pure high grade oil (excluding some perfumes, where it is blended with other oils). The latest release by Six Photo piqued my interest and I ordered a tin of Mysore. And am I glad I did!

The picture doesn’t do full justice to the colour of this snuff, which is actually more vivid than in the image above. It has a beautiful texture and is very easy to take by pinch and boxcar. I would call the grind medium, it’s somewhat coarser than one would expect from an Indian snuff. Moisture is medium, too.

Tin note isn’t overpowering at all, sandalwood goes really well with this nice biscuity base tobacco. The burn is quite mild and short lasting, subsides fast, leaving that warming and comforting feeling. Flavour doesn’t explode, but unfolds gently. This a well balanced snuff and you can feel the tobacco. Sandalwood lingers in the nose for long, subsiding and then reemerging suddenly. I won’t be describing the scent (I’m too bad at it), but I find it blissful. After taking my very first pinch I realised that all I want to do is to sit down on a couch and breathe, enjoying the waves of this aroma. That’s it…

It’s a rare case when I don’t think much about nicotine, for I feel it would be kind of inappropriate. Yes, nicotine is there (solid medium) and it surely adds to that comforting feeling. But first and foremost, it’s The Scent.

Calling this snuff a masterpiece isn’t an exaggeration.

Perfect Another indian snuff to put in my list Thank you @volunge

2 Likes

Thanks for the review! I may have to try this

1 Like

Thanks, @volunge! definitely adding this to my next Mr. Snuff order (assuming it doesn’t sell out).

2 Likes

Great review. Now for sure I will order a couple tins soon, as soon as MS carries Wilson’s Africa in 25 gram tins. BTW, it’s a new, very good snuff from them, only available at snuff dot me dot U.K. Only in 5 gm tins like Ozona, so it dries out too fast.

2 Likes

Just a few more notes. The texture of Mysore is akin to Old Paris. On a blind test this snuff could be easily mistaken for… “some untried snuff from F&T range?”.

That said, sandalwood oil is added in moderation - definitely not overdone with scenting. I tried mixing Mysore with various plain snuffs, namely: Krishan Sudama, Dholakia White, Toque Natural Toast and Taxi Red at 1:1 ratio and such dilution considerably subdued sandalwood.

To be more precise, I find dry plain snuffs more powerful at subdueing scents. I get more flavour mixing scented snuffs with coarse and moist base.

4 Likes

Mysore Sandalwood is back in stock!

4 Likes

I love sandalwood scent, I always buy sandalwood soap in the local asian store. Might add this on the next order although it’s a hell of a price hike compared to the other 6 Photo offerings.

3 Likes

Just opened my tin a couple of days ago and I can’t keep my nose out of it!  A truly enjoyable snuff; I hope they make another batch of it.  

3 Likes

One of the best products of 6 Photo in my opinion, and I think this is value for money despite coming at quite a premium rate.  

3 Likes

@Volunge I hope you don’t mind but I have used your excellent review on mrsnuff.

I gave you credit.

If it’s a problem let me know and I will remove it.

Thanks

dave

https://mrsnuff.com/indiansnuff6photo-mysoresandalwood30g-p-4278.html?cPath=118\_170

5 Likes

This is a fantastic snuff! I won’t bore you with a review, as the above reviewer did a great job. I agree with his observations, but I don’t think I will mix it with any other snuff as I quite enjoy the subtle delicious Sandalwood scent mingled with the excellent tobacco. I’m not bothered by the high price either. It’s worth every penny. I have an increased respect for 6 Photo now.

6 Likes