Loved and Lost

I managed to get an answer back from Segar and Snuff this morning. They say they are still working on the future of the Mullins and Westley and Convent brand snuffs. They go on to say “it would be fair to say that the range will be reduced, although we may stock some snuffs from Wilsons of Sharrow and Gawith Hoggarth to replace a few of the missing lines”. So I suppose the short answer is still, watch this space.

1 Like

I am not going to accept that SG Elmo’s Reserve, Kendal Brown and Black Rappee are going!!! I am going to keep on them until they have a change of heart. If you love these snuffs there no reason we cant have a snuff protest, until they reconsider. I have sent a message through to their email  enquiries@gawithhoggarth.co.uk  asking if they can confirm that these snuffs are going. I also asked if they would make up special bulk snuffs of the discontinued range for personal request. I hope they will get back to me and answer these questions. I am still optimistic. Anyway wouldn’t you think these snuffs would be selling quite well at the moment?

Do remember they’ve made these decisions to keep the company viable. It’s a matter of cut the range, or stop trading.

Understood @50ft_trad. Thanks for going to the trouble of providing this info. Do you have any insights into what could be causing these disappointing cuts?

@Nulliverse I apologize I had missread a post. Samuel Gawith Elmo’s Reserve, Kendal Brown and Black Rappee are staying! I hope I did not worry you  

Thanks @Aamon! Am relieved that they are staying… but still very disappointed that so many of my other fav SG’s have been slashed. Gold Mull, High Mill, Jasmin, Lavender Dark etc :cry:

1 Like

@Nulliverse This thread will give you a rough idea of why this is all happening… http://snuffhouse.com/discussion/11206/new-eu-laws-and-the-impact-on-our-passion/p1

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up 50ft_trad. Will read up. Edit: Have read the whole thread. Thanks for your input re: this unsettling business @50ft_trad.

1 Like

Wilsons of Sharrow Princes

2 Likes

Gawith Hoggarth Scented Kendal Brown

3 Likes

Snuffstore Cafe Noire

2 Likes

Abraxas Connoisseur Cerise which I was lucky enough to get a tin of. Better to have loved and lost? Almost wished I never tried it since no kind person on this forum has a large quantity sitting around which they don’t really use and would be happy to sell me and make me so happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really enjoy the GH Lakeland, which a member very generously gifted a full vac tin of to me. Sad I can’t have more

1 Like

Just a thought. If every product needs to be registered annually, manufacturers could rotate their snuffs. For instance, GH releases four snuffs this year: Special M, SP, Cafe Regal and CM. Next year GH could swap to making Lakeland, Sea Breezes, Irish D and English Rose. Etc, etc. That is, if GH can afford producing only four.

It would make more sense with SG, still making over 20 snuffs. Such rotation.

3 Likes

I actually still have some unopened tins of royal George and Strausborg as well as other assorted snuffs no longer made. I’m too disorganized to search them out, but stumble upon one pretty regularly. I am now rediscovering the Jaxson’s line, which I am quite enjoying. They changed their tins from SG style to Mc Chrystal’s style. Hmmm. What could that mean?

1 Like

Royal George was discontinued? Or you mean, pre “New royal George” royal George? I’ve got about 3g of Strasbourg in a tin too. It’s been rehydrated a couple of times, I’ve meant to use it up out of respect but I never really took to it.

2 Likes

I was really fond of Cafe Partisan from Gadsden Mill. The US nanny police put an end to that, unfortunately.

1 Like

I loved 747.

1 Like

Sternecker Aecht Fresko

Sternecker Fresko

Sternecker Straubinger Schmalzler

1 Like

I have some good news.

Mullins and Westley will soon be back on the shelves.

I met the man himself at a tobacco show and persuaded him to sell us a few tins. I am not sure if this will be a regular supply, but i will certainly be doing my damndest to make it so.

I’ll post when I get them. Order placed and money paid so I am hopeful…

4 Likes