What Video Game(s) are You Playing?

Deus Ex Mankind Divided still, and loving it. 1440p and all the settings cranked to the max, it’s both fun And beautiful :slight_smile: it used to be that the cut scenes were the best graphics in a game, now they’re the worst!

1 Like

Mount and Blade warband with the litdum diplomacy mod. When I first started warband back in june laid up with an injury it was like falling in love with video games as a ten year old again. Fantastic. been playing it all summer but could use a new video game mistress at some point.

1 Like

@aguineapig such an awesome game, and Diplomacy mod is a pure improvement. I also strongly suggest Brytenwalda mod, which is a mega-mod (total game replacement) set in what’s now the UK a couple hundred years after the Roman’s left

It’s one of the best games I’ve played for sure. Up there with morrowind, but I enjoy warband’s low fantasy setting.

If anyone has any suggestions for inexpensive, low system requirement RPGs in a similar sort of setting, I would be forever in your debt. I’d like to get a better system to run games on now that I remember how much fun it is, but right now I’m still stuck with a HP stream. Morrowind runs good on it, and warband.

1 Like

https://www.gog.com/ worth checking out for older games. I think you might dig this @aguineapig

Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II. There are “enhanced editions” (rip offs of free community mods released for profit) but if you’re up for a chore you can get the originals and mod them much better. With the Big Mod you can combine both games and expansions into one contiguous 1000 hours of enjoyment

@aguineapig - many low system req games available! Just check YouTube. I would recommend Deux Ex (the original one). You won’t forget me for that recommendation. :slight_smile: I’m playing PUBG mobile now. Being one of the first multiplayer games I’m playing, it’s pretty much fun, despite I die a lot.

1 Like

Does any of yiz know much about external CD roms? They just plug into the usb input I guess. I still have all my games from childhood that I’m sure would run on this budget laptop, if the external drive worked.

1 Like

@aguineapig read up on DosBox. I believe I got MadDog Mcree to work on a USB CDROM. I even programmed a Motec computer on a racecar with it using USB to serial emulation. Regarding the original Deus Ex - OH HECK YES! But make sure to use the Shifter mod and DX9/10 mod

@aguineapig I have I cheap $20 one from ebay, I can post some pictures if you want but its nothing special.

you are right though, it just plugs into the usb input, put your disc in and your computer loads it up. no real setup or anything, just plug in, insert disc and you’re good to go. I think at most there may have been a driver installed. You just want to have it on a flat surface and not move it around a lot while its in use, mine has stopped reading the disc a few times when I have gotten up to move my laptop for example. A more expensive one might not have that problem though, mine is old and cheap

1 Like

Sometimes I play Solitaire and sometimes I play Chess.

Nothing that serious anymore…

3 Likes

Borderlands 3 on PS4

1 Like

I have not had a video game system since the original Nintendo. Does anyone have a Switch?

1 Like

Been playing Team Fortress 2 online with our son before his time for bed

1 Like

Zero-K, a great free multiplayer RTS on Steam

1 Like

I dont play no video games anymore.

I let my son learn how to play chess. We are still at the basic moves of the figures until now. But he is doing fine so far.

2 Likes

Axiom Verge and a modest assortment of retro platformers that I downloaded.

1 Like

I have been playing The Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall the unity version NON stop for the past few weeks. With some oblivion and morrowind here and there. I love elder scrolls so much.

5 Likes

Last of Us 2 on PS4

1 Like

@JustinWizard707 what in the world do you mean, Unity version of Daggerfall? … ?!? … Well there goes my summer nights! (replayed TES II a few years ago, held up but would love a modern engine) Been playing Raft with my son and we’re having a blast. It’s a survival building game where you’re stranded on a raft in the ocean

2 Likes