Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Two new Fine Border snuffs.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Two new Fine Border snuffs.

How addicted are you?

I recently went to the UK and normally my car is full of snuff.  I recently had it valeted and forgot I emptied it of snuff.  At first I panicked, I had 2 tins in my pocket but they were both well down.  I made approximately 4 grams last me 6 days and I am surprised to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  

Have any of you guys been in this situation and how did you cope?

Comments

• ar47ar47 Member
    edited September 10 PM
    I regularly have to go 4+ hours in meetings where I can't take part in snuff. I Very rarely think about it, but I do get tired (hard to tell if that's snuff or sleep).

When I'm working from home on the other hand I alternate: 30 minutes of constant pinching and 30 minutes afterwards where I forget about it. Approximately, of course. Day to day I can vary from 1-3 grams of snuff, just based on what the body wants and how much I'm enjoying that particular snuff.

I'll admit I found myself a few weeks ago out late drinking without snuff and had a cigarette. Cigs are gross though and I have zero concern about going back to them (it's been over 9 years since I bought a pack).

For what it's worth, filling my nose with snuff helps me fall asleep. I'll usually load and blow it twice and the third time leave it in there. When I wake up in the morning I don't Think to grab the snuff, but I don't feel awake until I remember to include my tobacco. Those first morning pinches make me feel warm all over :)
  •   I'm so addicted sometimes i forget to take snuff until  the evening.
  • I used it to quit smoking so I was super addicted to it for a long time. Over the years though my usage has declined and I can go without it for a good few hours. But I wouldn't want to go somewhere and be without it either. 

Plus I used to take massive pinches from the back of my hand. But the last year or so I've been pinching it and I much prefer that method.
  • Vmank1q,

I can relate to that.  When I met my wife I was a 40 a day smoker (they were cheaper then) and she was a cancer research scientist.  Not the most likely date to work out.  

It was her idea to try snuff to stop me smoking.  When I first started I could use half a tin (5g's) of Trantners a day.  It was embarrassing just how much I was using but it worked. Within a month I was down to 3g's a day and a year later it was 1-2g's a day.  

Eventually, I stopped all together; well not quite, I took to cigars.  I smoked 1 a day for a couple of years (my wife didn't mind the smell of cigars) however, I was feeling the effects and went back to snuff in 2004. I cut my cigar intake down to one a month and now I can't remember the last time I had a cigar. 

Today I just don't really feel addicted, yes, I know I panic a little if I find myself without a full tin in my pocket but I also know I could stop any time I wanted to. I won't only because I love it not because I'm addicted.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    edited September 12 PM
    @Roderick to your last point there, people used to ask me when I was going to quit vaping and now with snuff for 17 months I get the same question about my pinching. The answer is I really have no intention of quitting. Frankly I quit cigs 9.5 years ago not because I wanted to, not until I went a while without and realized how much it hurt my sense of smell/taste. I quit because I was making ecigs that satisfied me more. And I quit ecigs within a month or two (apart from that short relapse @SammyD13 ;) of discovering my first tin of Silver Dollar while vacationing in Appalacia. I never set out to stop vaping, just found something I liked a lot better. And by the way, my sense of smell (unless I've been enjoying toasts) is much better with snuff vs. Ecigs.

I do believe I can quit. If I can do this intermittent fasting diet I've been on then I can quit snuff :D Also the snuff is a great help with that
  • I'm hopelessly addicted to snuff. In fact, I'm looking to get some snus just to give my nose a break now and then. Snuffing isn't the problem- it's me. I go to extremes. That said, snuffing is childsplay compared to the days when I was a walking liquor store/pharmacy. Also quit smoking cigarettes 17 years ago and cigars a few months ago. You take the guilty pleasures you can get- and that won't kill you.
  • I would cut a mofo for some snuff.
  • Ive completely replaced my previous cigarette schedule with snuff. Which is funny, because I didnt go directly between them, there was a month on nicorette. But I was looking to get back to smoking unless something better could take its place. That being said, I dont (think) I use it as much or the way I used cigs, subconciously, one after the other, etc.

And on the other hand, after trying gutka I would say there are far more things to worry about than a good hard snuff addiction
  • TobaccomanTobaccoman Member
    edited September 28 PM
    every time i read this forum, it reinvigorates my joy and love for snuff, and i pinch again. that being said, sometimes i forget that im even into the snuff. but sometimes i also forget to drink water so....
  • Though I admit being a nicotine fiend, there's another issue which I find more troublesome by far - addiction to this forum. I really should spend less time here, but this habbit rolls on beyond my control. I can skip/postpone my first pinch, but I can't imagine my morning without Snuffhouse anymore.