RECOMMENDATIONS FOR INDIAN INCENSE AROMA SNUFFS

Hi. I personally love the aroma of incense. I am getting ready to place an order with Mr. Snuff and would like to add some snuff with a strong incense aroma. Recommendations?

Super Kailash has to be on that list.  :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 Photo Mysore Sandalwood, Dholakia Taj. Both menthol-free.

Toque USA Whiskey and Honey reminds me a lot Nag Champa incense which is my favorite.

1 Like

I would look at the Janta line, I can add some specifics a bit later. There are at least 2 that are very incensey to me. Also, 6 photo Special, Motia and Super Kailash. I think the Special might fit the bill most closely, as the SK has a bit of a peppermint scent and the Motia has a camphorated quality, both do have a nice Indian floral incensey quality, though. I think 6P has some others that you might like, but have some musk fragrance added, and I do not do musk, so I can not give them a review.

1 Like

Ok. I forgot about the 6 Photo Anarkali, which has quite a bit of a rose scent to it. All of the 6 photo snuffs that I mentioned do have some menthol, but just a modest amount. I just checked out my 2 scented Janta snuffs and I would recommend the Punjabi, reminds me of certain dhoop stick incenses. I also have the Janta Laxmi Gulab, which also has some definite incensey scents to it, but it also has some of a heavier funky tobacco scent.

3 Likes

I should have mentioned in my original post that I don’t particularly care for mentholated snuffs, which leaves out quite a few Indian snuffs I noticed. I kind of like O&G though.

1 Like

The menthol in most Indian snuffs is very moderate, O&G is far more potent in menthol than the Indian snuffs mentioned. Unlike European snuffs the Indians have learned to use menthol like salt to bring out the other flavours instead of freezing your nose.

4 Likes

@n9inchnails is totally right about that. There are times when I can not tolerate a typical medicated, but an Indian with a little menthol is no problem.

1 Like

Well, folks, I just received my new order from Mr. Snuff. Fortunately for me, I had the presence of mind to order some Dholakia Taj (50 grams). Ah, the Taj! Just what I’ve been searching for! It distinctly reminds me of my favorite incense, Nag Champa. In fact, I would swear that Dholakia grinds up Nag Champa incense and blends it with their tobacco base flour and, voila, the one, the only, the Taj!

Oh, don’t worry, I still plan to try others. Can someone tell me of 6 Photo Kailash and Super Kailash, which is the most “incense-y?” I’m preparing another order and looking for snuff ideas.

Thanks for all your comments, they are appreciated.

1 Like

Glad you found something that you like! I have been told in the past by 6 Photo that the Kailash has some musk in it. I have not tried it for that reason, but I really like the Super Kailash. To me, it is somewhat floral, with some scent of peppermint toothpaste, in a good way, and not excessively mentholated. I think that 6Photo Special is more incensey, with some woody aroma, maybe cedarwood and sandalwood?

2 Likes

the only Indian snuff that I really like is Cheeta. It is fine, strong and challenging to take but oh so tasty. I have not had it in a while, white snuffs up my tolerance too much but it is floral and well rounded and excellent. Reminds me of the more pleasant Indian soaps. Maybe not exactly incense scented but maybe worth a shot.

2 Likes

Super Kailish and Anarkali are both good incense snuffs. There are many more for sure. New Janta Mail is also very good. It’s black as coal and kind of moist and has a serious incense smell.

4 Likes

6P Motia is wonderful

3 Likes

I would definitely recommend the 6 photo sampler box, has all (i think) 6P snuffs in 8g containers.

Just got mine yesterday and its a lot of snuff for less than 10 bucks, I think there are only 3 that are menthol.

Lots of good incense snuffs in here though! 

3 Likes

The Six Photo Special is the first Indian snuff I’ve really liked. It’s incense-y. It says it is mentholated, but I’m not getting anything but incense from it.

2 Likes