What 4 snuffs could you currently never be without ?

I know it’s constantly changing, but currently if you could only have 4 snuffs what would you choose.

Mine are :

Kendal Brown,

NTSU (fresh)

Gawith Hoggarth SP

Bordeaux

Ok, I have some favourites right here and right now, 6P MG Madras, Begum Green, Cheeta Gul and… Taxi Red (which is dried out, but let’s count it) and I’m still not entirely happy. I badly miss Neftobak, fresh Taxi, WoS Natural, Gold Label, Irish No 22, Rumneys Brown, Mullins & Westley Particular, Jock’s Choice, Neffa Ifrikia, Kensington, SG Irish D, Toque USA Whiskey and Honey. Even if I got them all, honestly, I would not be content without SWS St. James Parish, SG KB, Poschl Gawith Original, Red Bull Aromatic, Konigsprise, Packard’s Club, F&T Old Paris, Seville, WoS Jockey Club, Dholakia White and Sparrow, 41P White Elephant and GH SP. Limiting to any four of them and depriving myself of the rest is too tormenting. 

Next to that, I feel a quenchless urge to try Rosinski Ochsenkopf, Toque Natural Toast, WoS Royal George, all the untried Madras snuffs, Poschl Schmalzler A, American plain scotches, Viking plain snuffs, Bernard Civette, Alt Offenbacher Kostlich, SG Elmo’s, Madagascan and GH Cafe Regal.

And I am dying to make some plain homemade snuff from the leaves of every single variety of tobacco available online!

5 Likes

ha ha ha

1 Like

F&T Old Paris WoS Crumbs of Comfort Toque Ambrosia Hedges L260

1 Like
  1. McChrystals Original and Genuine 2. W.E. Garrett Scotch 3. Tom Buck, or any of his aliases with the same recipe 4. Toque Raspberry and Violet with menthol, a personal mix that I thoroughly enjoy on a daily basis. Next time I can order a case of Poschl Jubilaums Prise, and Gleichster Prise, I will surely be rotating those in, and subsequently out, of the top four spots. I am afraid choosing only four snuffs for life is impossible, so to speak. This is the best I can do, and it was not easy.
3 Likes

Toque Ambrosia IHT 22 6P Cheeta Toque SP Extra or St Clements

2 Likes

And Toque Whisky & Honey and USA Whiskey & Honey. I guess I cannot do four.

2 Likes

My four are:

HDT in the medium tin

HDT in the large tin

An Indian White

Toque Almond Toast.

This may change over the next decade, but I doubt it.

1 Like

I think I could survive on just toque chocolate x quit but thankfully I don’t have to. So throw in a toast, current favourite toque bourbon. A plain tobacco, current favourite toque spanish gem And a schmaltzler, current favourite bernard schmaltzlerfranzl which I don’t buy anymore due to only coming in little tap tins so poschl schmaltzler A.

2 Likes

@junior As a fan of plain snuffs, I was steering clear of Spanish Gem - I thought it had sweet flavour, similar to that of Ambrosia, which I tried and found to be far from plain…

Ambrosia is Spanish Gem with a different tobacco base. Spanish Gem uses Quit as the base. They are not plain.

3 Likes

I do have a sweet tooth. I can’t pick any other flavours in there. A bit of a dry leather scent that I assumed was just from the tobacco. Whatever it is, either one easily makes my list of 4

1 Like

Well…I always have a menthol on hand…not sure which one I need the most…posch red bull maybe. NO! WoS extra menthol. Crap, give me both. WoS extra menthol. Poschl Red Bull. Now we need something natural. Im thinking HDT. Yeah. And IHT! Cant have both…ill pick IHT. So now we have: WoS extra menthol Poschl Red Bull WoS Irish High Toast Dholakia Herbal. The reason dholakia herbal is there is cause I feel it helps my concentration, it helps when my nose is sore from too much menthol, and Im pretty sure its healthy.

2 Likes

Royal George

McChrystal’s Clove

Samuel Gawith Golden Glow

Wilson’s Jasmine

Still my favorites after all these years

4 Likes

Does Wilsons still make the jasmine? Was a favorite of mine too. I have not seen it for quite a while. Without being specific, I am a little perplexed by the decisions of which to keep in production and which to discontinue.

3 Likes

hmm currently:

1: Toque Quit

2: Toque quit

3:Toque Quit

4: Toque Quit

7 Likes

@Mr_O unless something has recently changed, unfortunately not. I’d love to get my hands/nose on some. The only Jasmine I’ve found is Q-snuff and I found the base very off putting

@ar47 that is a bummer! The Dean Swift one was good too. Was that made by Wilsons? I remember it being at least very similar. Yeah, the Q jasmine is not even close.

1 Like

Bordeaux Grand Cairo Seville Santo domingo Very close was JR Justice and McCrystal OG

6 Likes

wow bill sykes…nice choice bordeaux is absolutely amazing…

2 Likes