Pocket snuff launcher.

@ar47 any finely ground such as most of the Indian snuff. I read somewhere that the course snuffs do not get along with the device.

3 Likes

@tinhuey glad to hear it. I’ve seen a chinese knockoff but you guys have convinced me to go with this one. Thanks.

2 Likes

There are virtually zero reviews of the schnupfdosn on the internet. I think any serious snuff taker would appreciate this fabulous machine. It provides a whole new experience.

2 Likes

@rostanf Glad you made a decision to support the original inventor. I feel the price is very reasonable for what you get. And the quality will surely be much better than a Chinese knock-off. The theft of intellectual property is a whole other topic of discussion…

3 Likes

@tinhuey agreed on all points. I doubt I could find the knockoff again if I tried, not to mention what kind of wood it was or what possibly poisonous wood finish they used, lol.The real decision was the original or nothing.

2 Likes

My schnupfdosn arrived today I ask you how do I have to clean it Can I use water in order erase all the smells of snuff?

1 Like

@tinhuey @rs422 can either of you answer schmalzerfranzls question.

1 Like

Some good friend here could make a video review of this fine german piece of machinery. 

2 Likes

It seems like an ingenious device, quality-made. The price is a little high, though. Cleaning the scent out when changing snuffs could be problematic. I could see myself using it for toasts and flavor-neutral snuffs for sure. Thinking of waiting it out to see more reviews. It would be nice if they posted a Youtube video or something demonstrating how it works.

2 Likes

@schmalzerfranzls I have not cleaned mine in 8 months. But only use it for plain snuffs. I do not know if there would be ghosting from changing flavored snuffs. Probably not much. The cans of compressed air used for cleaning computer keyboards would do well in my opinion. Never use water on raw wood. Hope that helps.

5 Likes

It is not very easy to use…

2 Likes

@schmalzlerfranzl Sorry to hear that. There was a little bit of a learning curve, but I have found it very easy to use. It only takes me a few seconds to load and release.

5 Likes

@tinhuey Yes I am learning and practicing Better than before but is not the easiest thing to use

3 Likes

@schmalzlerfranzl i do not know if this helps, but one thing I learned is to not inhale at all through your nose. Load it, hold it to the nose and release the button. If you breathe in during the release, snuff will go straight to the back of the nasal passage where you do not want it to go. Simply let the device do the work.

3 Likes

@tinhuey do you get some on your shirt though, doing that? The application for me would be snuffing more safely while driving (I have a manual transmission, so things get real interesting while pinching in the city)

3 Likes

@tinhuey I have no problem now I am used to it now I am a little disappointed because the wood gets dirty and black and it is hard to clean

1 Like

@ar47 Less on my shirt with the machine then pinching. When driving I throw on a black apron with the waist straps cut off for cleaner snuffing. And shake it off outside the car at the destination. I am amazing how much powder ends up on that apron even after a short trip.

4 Likes

I purchased one over a year ago and was quite happy using it a box/dispenser, very convenient one hand operation. It is funny how it never occurred to me to use it as a catapult but now I find it obvious that it was designed to do that as well. O well, I will have some fun tonight.

3 Likes

On the topic of smell and cleaning the device - I am only using it for unflavoured snuff in order to avoid smell cross contamination. Things like toque natural/toasted, vikings blonde/brown, HDT, Irish 22 and so on. Coarse or fine makes no difference, just bare in mind that as a wooden box the snuff will dry out quickly which is not a problem if you are using dry snuff. I used mineral oil in order to make it a bit more humidity retaining but not sure it had any effect.

3 Likes

@RS422 @tinhuey @schmalzlerfranzl @Dyson_nose Schnupfdosn is doing a giveaway on instagram, follow them and take a photo of your Schnupfdosn in action label it #Schnupfdosn for a chance to win an oak version. https://instagram.com/schnupfdosn?igshid=ilg3dg4qzf1n

5 Likes