Storing bulk buy of tins?

So, I have been reading around and many people who bulk buy put their “bulk” in jars. And Wilsons says the fridge? But I haven’t been able to find any advise on un-opened tins?

I have 20 tins of Mc Crystals O&G and I’m wondering if I should leave them as they are or open them all up and pop them into one single jar? Maybe in the fridge? I know snuff seems to keep better when its in one unit together, but I’m wondering if it would be silly to open all these tins.

If anyone could give me a hand on this that would be amazing! 

Thanks

I would advice wrapping each tin with the food film really tightly. It should stay fresh at least for one year, stored in ambient (room) temperature.

Better than that, discard original plastic seals and tape the tins carefully just like WoS used to do before the introduction of their new seal (which is the same as McChrystal’s and don’t do much good in terms of preserving moisture). Just don’t use the clear (transparent) scotch tape, but look for more elastic one (electrical PVC insulation tape).

I would second @volunge since that snuff is not moist. For snuffs on the moister side, a common jar might be better. Not sure about McC tins, but F and T tins have rusted in less than a year- even unopened.

I left individual tins alone, and just stored them as they were. Some have suffered corrosion, and I have lost some snuff. However, when I have had 50g or more of the same snuff, I have transferred this to glass jars if I had any spare. I haven’t lost any snuff stored in glass yet.

I have sealed tins with no intervention from 2008 that are still fine. YMMV

@volunge That’s a good idea. I think I might just give that a go

I say put them in a jar. Something about that much snuff in one place does something to the scent of the snuff. It seems to make it richer and more snuff like. It also keeps it super fresh. It’s kind of crazy to open a jar that’s been sitting around for over a year and have it smell like the first pinch from a new tin. Seriously bulk is the only way to go if you can.