Bergamot Snuffbox

Hello guys I want to show you my new entry A bergamot Snuffbox This is a traditional snuffbox used by paesants and soldiers of Calabria and whole Kingdom of Sicily Very appreciated in Italy and France the snuffboxes and other objects in bergamot vanished in the years and rediscoverd by a priest in a little city near Reggio Calabria allowing everybody to know this great old tradition Bergamot only grows in the south of Calabria near the city of Reggio Ps I dont know to post a photo

Thanks for sharing, very interesting and unique! Is it an old (vintage) item, or a brand new one? Looks quite fresh.

P. S. Sent you a PM regarding picture posting.

1 Like

@volunge It is brand new I think there are not vintage Inside is bergamot scented and I am trying to remove thie scent

1 Like

IMG_1325

3 Likes

You can’ t remove the scent and if you try you’ll probably ruin the snuff box. They are made from a bergamot peel that has been turned inside out. They are made to give a bergamot scent to any snuff you put in them, if you dont like bergamot snuff then dont get a bergamot peel snuffbox. You can make your own out of any citrus fruit like lemon and orange and they will give your snuff a scent like the peel.

3 Likes

@n9inchnails I dont ruin the snuff box By time the scent will go away and if not I will use in it plain tobaccos or snuff I dont like normally

2 Likes

Fantastic! What a great find. I too would relish the scent until it fades.

3 Likes

@barredbenny Yep beacuse it is beatiful and I want to use it with all my snuffs and dont want to ruin the always with bergamot scent

2 Likes

That is really cool! I would like to get one, but I can’t travel there. Do they sell them online anywhere?

1 Like

@eyetried I think they could send you by international mail Where are you?

1 Like

@schmalzlerfranzl I’m in the US. I just saw the price of shipping was about $30. I might hold off on this.

1 Like

@eyetried Yep it is a problem Shipping in the US has its cost infact I never buy from US