Golden Roast by jaxon

Hi guys Since I cannot find any discussion about this snuff I want make a review I appreciate jaxon snuffs very much it was a casual discovery when they made me try some free tins Golden Roast is coffee cream scented is quite moist and fluffy light brown and fine grinded. When you open the tin you get a fine sweet smell like buiscuits and cappuccino It is simple to take and the aroma is full and very pleasent In the nose you can feel all the sweetness and a background hint of coffee cream which lasts for a very very long time I mean a lot of hours in your nose You can feel a good nicotine hit I use it sometimes in the night before sleeping and when I get up in the morning I have the nose full of this still Wow So if you like sweet snuff You should try it

you can but should you? More importantly because you can what?

When I use punctuation my post is cut Is there a bug?

1 Like

yes there is.

2 Likes

nice that makes sense. Sounds yumbulls (Bill Bailey fans will get that)

2 Likes

@bob I literally fell in love with this snuff It makes me sleeps well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@schmalzlerfranzl I’m a fan as well.  Like you mention, Jaxon’s snuffs have typically very long lasting aromas.  Their snuffs with the sweet part present especially.  I find the Golden Roast to be the firmest hitting in regard to nose feel of the line.  My favorite though of Jaxon is Club Special.

Dholakia Swiss Chocolate goes extremely well with the Golden Roast (in my opinion)

1 Like

@ar47 Glad you like it snd think the same as me And if I take more I fell a great nicotine hit so I have to be careful I am surprised of this super lasting aroma in the nose that is always good The other jaxon I love is Dukes Brown Not tried the others yet

1 Like

Is it made by SG? 

2 Likes

@Chico, not anymore. It’s made either by WoS or McChrystal’s now.

@schmalzlerfranzl Is the Dukes Brown sweet as well or more on the plain side?

4 Likes

@chico @volunge I knew they were made by SG and then by others but did not know now by Mcchrystals Dukes brown is listed as sp but it is very similar to silver dollar scotch and a bit to Black Rappee It is a plain tobacco fine grinded no scented very satisfying

2 Likes

Golden Roast has a unique and tasty scent. To my nose though, it suffers from guilt by association: air freshener. Call it a nose freshener! =D>

3 Likes

@schmalzlerfranzl, thanks, very interesting! I need to check that DB out.

2 Likes

@sammyD13 I think every nose has its taste The association to my nose is starbucks :stuck_out_tongue: @volunge You are welcome

1 Like

@schmalzlerfranzl Describing it as “a plain tobacco fine grinded no scented”, were you referring to old, pre-2017 Duke’s Brown, sold in vacuum tins (SG-like), or the current version in WoS type tins?

Just noticed DB, Golden Roast and some other Jaxons snuffs on offer at snuff.me.uk.

By the way, current Jaxons SP Premium is plain, fine and unscented, too.

@volunge I have only the large tins of 20 grams SG style I cannot see any new version at snuff.me.uk

Duke’s Brown was introduced in 2016. The first batch back then was manufactured by Samuel Gawith. It was sold in same 25 g vacuum tins as Samuel Gawith and Gawith Hoggarth snuffs. Duke’s Brown was similar to Viking Brown back then. It was plain snuff.

In 2017 snuff.me.uk contracted other manufacturer (WoS?) and continued to sell their now-entirely-different snuffs under the same names, as well as introduced some new ones (if my memory does not fail). Since then all Jaxons snuffs are sold in 20 g non-vacuum tins. These are the very same tins as WoS, J&H Wilson, McChrystal’s and Hedges. Current Duke Brown is described as “light brown SP finely ground high quality snuff tobacco with a mixed scent flavour”. Northerner mentions citrus note and floral element… https://blog.northerner.com/reviews/other-tobacco-products/jaxons-dukes-brown-nasal-snuff-review/

@volunge You are right sorry my mistake The tins are not vacuum and are different from SG tins Is unscented for what I know but I only used a tapbox of 10g he gave to me as a present I have now 4 tins WoS style unopened so I

Well, if you have the new Duke’s Brown among those 4, it might suprise you. That is, you’ll find it different to the previous version in a tapbox or vacuum tin. A brief review would be appreciated, if you have time (when you try it).

1 Like

@volunge Now I am very curious He told me was the same and gave me the tapbox as a sampler in order to try it I will see…

1 Like