New Irish penny snuff box

@insufflemus so far I do not notice any added smell from the containers, but the snuff has not sat in very long yet, I will update in a few days and let you know if anything changes

1 Like

@ar47, indeed, the threads are on the inside, but so far after opening and closing several times with snuff inside of it, it does not seem to hinder it in the least. After I finish each fill, I will probably just give the threads a wipe down with a damn cloth before refilling. Keep it all nice and clean and not give anything a chance to accumulate and block the threads up

1 Like

@Chapman I agree it’s a good price but I’ve been treating myself to quite a few too many things lately. I did send the link to my husband just in case he might want to surprise me with one though. Valentine’s is only a month away, and nothing says love like a snuff box. :smiley:

1 Like

Nice find man. I like it

1 Like

On some of the coins you can get a push lid…

They look awesome but I would be worried (like someone else said) about the snuff having a metallic smell to it?

2 Likes

How much snuff do they hold?

I saw you can get a push lid but I prefer screw lid for pocket security purposes, no accidental spills. I fill these in the morning and it is empty by night time, so either no smell is transferred or the snuff just doesnt get to sit in there long enough to pick up the scent of the coin. All depends on the size of the box, the Irish penny probably holds 3 or 4 grams, the smaller franc coin maybe 2. I dont know exactly. Just a guesstimate

Yeah I think the screw lid would be the better option. They look really good, I might have to get a couple  :slight_smile:

I was very concerned about WoS 5g containers spilling in my pocket but I’m a good 100 for 0 success vs spillage

I have 2 of these. One of Queen Elizabeth in 50Th anniversary of D-Day and a schilling of George V. These are beautiful but not very easy to use because they are very tight

1 Like

What do you have push kids? Mine are incredibly easy to use, they are both screw on, and since owning them I think my snuff usage has increased 3 fold.

1 Like

Push lids I mean lol

1 Like

@Chapman I have screw lids. Is not easy to take snuff in it for me because the space for it is too tight for my fingers. I prefer larger snuffbox but they are beautiful indeded

1 Like

Oh gotcha, yeah I can only kind of pinch out of the Irish penny. I usually just tap out of them into box cars or the back of the hand.

1 Like

I prefer take snuff with my fingers so I need larger snuffboxes. But I love these coin snuff boxes and I want more.

1 Like

Same here, I plan on ordering several more eventually, but for right now I have to be content with what I have.

1 Like

In less than a year I bought 25/30 snuffboxes. If i have a passion I go mad :))

3 Likes

I have a couple of the screw lid ones. I think they are the very best boxes for the money.

Wow, it looks really beautiful. Have ordered one by myself right now. Thank you for the post.