What is the strongest snuff(in nicotine) you ever had?

Hitsuzen and basement_shaman, I’m definitely hoping for the best after ordering damn near a lifetime supply of snuff at this point! I’ve given up cigarettes for snus recently, so the nic hit isn’t that big a deal for me. I want to enjoy the scents, but so far Buzz Bubblegum and Silver Dollar Apricot are the only ones I can enjoy in that regard.

I also tend not to notice much nicotine taking a spoon here and there.  But I know it’s in there, because whenever I get a Mr. Snuff order in with like 10 new kinds to try, I try them quickly.  And I feel it!   @-)

Sorry for resurrecting the dead. I am new and looking for the strongest nicotine nasal snuffs. The recommendations from 3+ years ago still stand?

Everyone reacts differently to nicotine delivery. What works for me may not work for you. One glance at reviewers’ strength ratings on tobaccoreviews.com will verify this. The old recommendations are still valid. All I can say is play around and see what works for you. For example, in my case, I don’t get much of a buzz from Toque Rustica, but the American scotch Rooster sets me right in no time. Play around. You’ll figure out what works for you.

1 Like

I’d like to add Sam Gwaith Black Rappee to the list.  Dark black, and salty.  Coarse grind slow release high Nicotine.

It’s made me melt into the couch a few times.

2 Likes

SWS St. James Parish, 6P MG Madras, and Bernard Fresco come to mind. It’s interesting that Fresco is rated medium nic on Mr. Snuff and I never heard anyone say it was high nic. Believe me, it is (in big pinches at least).

@moemojo I love the SG Black Rappee, too! Try it right after a little snuff of mentholated- the flavor really explodes.

1 Like

When I was first getting into snuff it bugged me to read the “everyone is different” replies, but experience has only confirmed it for me. Toque Rustica doesn’t do much for me either, nor does White Elephant… and yet stuff like SG Elmo’s Reserve gives me a reliable nic fix every time. Moist ones in general seem to be better for overall nic, in my experience, just because you can cram more up your nose at once. 

1 Like

I haven’t tried Toque rustica, but there’s a simple explanation why it doesn’t hit that hard as desired. Once again: despite having loads of nicotine (supposedly), it’s all ‘locked’, i. e. not freebased by alkalisers, which are not added to this snuff. Mixing Toque rustica with any moist and alkalised snuff should unleash (deprotonate) its nicotine and considerably boost the kick.

3 Likes

@volunge right on. Rustica of course has other actives too including MAOI (formerly a popular type of antidepressant if I’ve read correctly). MAOI has a suppressing effect on certain liver functions and there are dietary guidelines that go with its use. My recollection is that foods like aged meats, red wine and over ripe fruits can lead to hypertension with MAOI. Probably irrelevant in small doses of Rustica snuff but for the guys here looking for the STRONGEST experience and experimenting with chasing the nicotine rush it might be prudent to consider. I think a bit of menthol or eucalyptus enables our noses to uptake the bioavailable nicotine better as well. But that’s again a vague recollection from a college course long ago

1 Like

@ar47 fortunately rustica only contains the reversible sybtype ot MAOI, so dietary restrictions need not apply (tyrosine and phenylalanine). Not sure about the liver suppression, though.

1 Like

@volunge Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to experimenting with this later.

Wilsons of Sharrow ani and euc always give me a great nose burn and mellowing nicotine delivery. I feel it a lot more than white elephant, also probably because I can do raisin sized piles rather than apple sized pile that punches me in my throat lmao

1 Like

Update – mixed Toque Rustica and Elmo’s Reserve at roughly 1:2 ratio. This stuff is wild! I figured Uncle Squinty’s “nose throb” was the closest I’d get to a buzz from snuff. Lo and behold, I’m floating on a nicotine cloud right now, lol. This stuff is gonna be a real test of self-control… 8-}

2 Likes

For health reasons, I think it would be best if I avoided rustica. Is there a list anywhere of which snuff’s contain rustica?

1 Like

@Notalynn if you avoid Toque USA W&H, Toque Rustica ( :wink: ) and Thuc Lao, Indian Whites, and the SWS blends that contain rustica (they’re clearly defined in their descriptions) I think you’re safe.

2 Likes

@ar47 Thanks! 

1 Like

@Notalynn, steer clear of Neffa Ifrikia and Neffa Green snuffs (pure rustica).

As stated by the manufacturer, 6 Photo Super Kailash “is a mixture of the very best sun cured Rustica tobacco along with a tasty blend of aromatic Himalayan Herbs”.

1 Like

@volunge  Noooooo, I love Super Kailash! 

Actually, it will probably be okay because I never use that more than once or twice a day anyway. Sadly, most of the snuffs I love aren’t as beloved by my nose and have to be used in moderation.

1 Like

@volunge so That’s why I enjoy the Neffas so much! <:-P

2 Likes

Toque Ambrosia contains some rustica, too. That’s the end of the list, I think.

Sorry about Super Kailash…

2 Likes