Back to it

Until today I haven’t used snuff in years, but I’m getting back to it.  I’m starting with Toque Natural Toast - it’s always been a favorite.  I’m getting some use out of my old Triple Tech box, remember those?  :)  Now I need some new handkerchiefs.

I am a pipe smoker as well.  My favorite pipe tobacco changes every once in a while.  Right now it’s Luxury Twist Flake.

Any suggestions as to other snuffs to try that I probably haven’t?

natural toast is a favorite. Though as far as what to try. Well what do you like otherwise? I’d say why not try other toasts too.

Oh, historically I like a variety.  For other toasts, High Dry Toast is good.  On the opposite end of the spectrum I like Viking Dark.  In between I like Toque Quit and various menthols.

1 Like

Try some Indians or Schmalzlers.

Talking about Indians,

6 Photo Begum Green, the sweetest of all menthols;

6 Photo Motia, least scented black snuff in their catalogue, camphorated, very refreshing and easy to take;

6 Photo Cheeta Chhap Gul, if you are adventurous and not afraid of Indian fine grind and a way sharper bite. Honest plain snuff with slight nutty and roasted overtones for a decent price;

And the new ghee-fried 6 Photo M.G. Madras, a must-try if you need solid nicotine!

2 Likes

If you like menthols, I’d 2nd volunge’s recommendations and also suggest some of the seemingly underrated menthols from Bernard. My favorites are Amostrinha (dark, smokey, and bitter), Zweifacher (sweet, smokey, and spicy), and Fichtennadel (refreshing and semi-sweet with a strong pine scent)

Classics to consider: Wilson’s Irish No 22, Toque USA Whiskey and Honey, Toque Almond Toast, Viking Thor’s Hammer, Bernard Aecht Alt, Sir Walter Scott’s Golden Horn or Lundy Foot, Samuel Gawith Celtic Talisman, Fribourg and Treyer Santo Domingo Those are just some of the non-menthols with devoted followings.

1 Like