Storage for your snuff?

Hi Everyone!

As a new snuffer I obviously went all in and currently have four orders shipping to me from across the pond - and also y’all know I am going to open each and every one of them to smell and take a small pinch to figure out which ones will be my style. So, my question is this: besides decanting, what are some other options for storage of your snuff (say 3-6 months)? Tupperware/airtight container to put all my boxes/tins? In the freezer? 

-Thanks in advance!

Air tight containers preferably mason jars stored in a cool dark place preferably a cellar will keep snuff for decades. Air, light and heat are the enemies of tobacco storage.

2 Likes

Some of mine is decanted, but the rest remains in their original tins, in a cupboard or the wardrobe at a stable temperature. The more moist snuffs are best decanted, as they can corrode the tins, but I’ve had no issues with the drier snuffs

2 Likes

I apply electrical tape to the seam of tins of dry snuffs. I decant all larger volumes into mason jars. I use all moist snuffs first or decant into glass. Small screw top tins for all EDC snuffs other than Toque Whisky & Honey. I use a plastic snuff bow because I use about 15-20 grams per week of that one.

2 Likes