Basement Shaman has passed away

RIP to a great man. I’d like to think he’s looking down on us now with a great big pile of Dholakia White on the back of his hand. Sincere condolences to his family.

7 Likes

RIP

7 Likes

My condolences to Joseph’s family and friends.

A great loss for our snuff community 

8 Likes

I don’t post here often but read a lot and always remember BS’s informative posts. Condolences for your loss and our loss at snuffhouse.

6 Likes

My condolences. I’ve been meaning to post, but haven’t known what to say. I lost someone in July, and can empathize. Cancer sucks!

6 Likes

Joseph and I exchanged several messages when I was starting out on snuff, and not once did he grow tired of my questions. He always answered them with utmost zeal and love and he even advised on some other facets of life in his little wise sentences. I knew this was coming but knowing doesn’t really prepare you anytime. I know everyone is going to miss having him around.

8 Likes

I know for some reason I assumed he’d beat it.

7 Likes

I’m very sad to see you go, Shaman. You will be missed.

6 Likes

deepest condolences goin’ out to Shaman’s Family…

RIP Joe, you’ll be missed…!!

6 Likes

I am very much saddened to read this post. I have been chit chatting for over a decade with Joseph/Shaman. He will be sorely missed. Even his avatar not being here will leave a gap that can’t be filled. My sincere condolences Sarah, and thank you for letting us know. Dave

8 Likes

So SAD : 

We were Pen Pals for a long time ! 

I will miss him Rest in peace my friend !

Kurt :

7 Likes

My condolences to his family. I always enjoyed his insightful comments and wry sense of humor. He will be missed here by all who enjoyed his presence.

7 Likes

while i didn’t know him personally, i learned early on to pay special attention to his posts. his wit, his sense of humor and his vast knowledge of all things tobacco will be missed. 

i give my condolences to his family and friends

rest in peace shaman!

5 Likes

My condolences to Shaman’s family and friends. I must have read hundreds of his highly insightful (and often very funny) posts on many subjects throughout the years. I’m very sad to hear of his passing.

7 Likes

I’ve been away from this forum for a while, but I was an active member of a Facebook group that Joseph frequented. He and I spoke many times and I was thoroughly impressed by how passionate and knowledgeable he was about all sorts of tobacco-related topics and issues.

RIP Joseph

7 Likes

I was building an order today and struggling with wether I should order some SWS Ansons Imperiale. If you were to look this snuff up you will find Joe’s words as follow “yep good snuff, this will spoil yourself”’ the neat thing I had just asked my wife should I order this, and Joe was ready with the answer. Sarah your Dad will be missed by many and I am sadden by his passing. Please accept my condolences to you and the rest of Joes family and friends.

5 Likes

Condolences. I joined the board today and was reading some of his posts with pleasure. I saw this thread whilst finding my way around and feel genuinely sad.

6 Likes

So sorry to hear this.  I’ve been away from this forum for a year or so, and he was one of the members whose posts I valued most.  As others have commented, informative, funny, and all around nice person.  My condolences to his family and to those who knew him better.

6 Likes

RIP Shaman. I hope you’re in the big snuff Mill in the sky.

6 Likes

I also enjoyed Joe’s post and we exchanged private messages at times, 

5 Likes