Snuff and beer

Viking Dark and Guinness hitting the mark.

2 Likes

While I usually prefer a whiskey, scotch, or bourbon; I do like a nice dark porter with a sweet scotch or a black IPA with a snuff with citrus notes.

1 Like

Guinness stout is available in a number of variants and strengths, which include: . Guinness Draught , sold in kegs, widget cans, and bottles: 4.1 to 4.3% alochol by volume (ABV); the Extra Cold is served through a super cooler at 3.5

1 Like

Bira White with a Madras snuff or an Indian white.

2 Likes

_ Michelob Dark, with pretty much any plain Snuff, Also just about any good Brown Ale.  G’Day _

2 Likes

Last night I was enjoying Manhattans with Sam Gawith Black Rappee.

3 Likes

I enjoy an IPA with St. Casura in the nose, problem is St Casura is no longer made :((

2 Likes

Toque Lavender and Bells Oberon working well together here

1 Like

I like dental scotch with a light beer, usually a miller or bud.

1 Like

SG Black Rappee with Guinness.

3 Likes

McChrystal’s Hopfenschnupf (or Keg I think it is now - can’t get used to the crappy new names) was originally made for someone in Germany for OktoberFest. It lives on.

It is brilliant with stronger tasting beers: a good high IBU IPA or solid Porter.

Alone I don’t rate it highly, but paired it is tough to beat.

dave

2 Likes

Lundy Foot and Heady Topper, I think Im in heaven. Just got off of work after a 24 hour shift cleaning pipelines, and I cant think of a better way to relax. One of the most high quality snuffs I have tried, with a nice nicotine hit, mixed with the ultimate hoppy beer.

1 Like

I only have American Scotches at the moment, which I prefer with a good bourbon.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried too many combinations yet but my current favorite beer is Odell IPA and it goes well with my favorite snuff, F&T HDT. But I just now tried it with SG Kendal Brown, figuring the citrus notes would go well with it and it does for sure.

I just noticed there’s an F&T Kendal Brown, but it’s perfumed. Which do you snuffers consider the best KB?

Side note: I must have 20-30 different kinds of snuff by now and I still feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface! <3

@Psybin SG KB, the one and only. Well, there are four of them, actually:

https://sharrowmills.com/category/samuel-gawith

WoS used to make one, too, but it was floral (geranium scented) SP, a light-year far from true KB, just as F&T version.

Discontinued GH KBs were fairly similar to SG.

@volunge Thanks, glad to know I got the right one! The reviews help a lot. It certainly is great.

Fresh KB is as moist as F&T Santo Domingo and doesn’t lack ammonia. It could be used for rehydration of some dried out snuffs of the same family (say, Viking Brown).

Good to know! Other than the ammonia, I notice some sort of minty, citrus notes from it. Is it just me or maybe just from the ammonia? I don’t notice it in Taxi Red, while the ammonia is stronger there.

I figure this is a good place to show what’s left of my half-kilo of Viking Brown. I don’t think it’s dried out after a few years but if it is I’ll mix them.

Edit: Seriously, sideways? It wasn’t when I uploaded it, I swear. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Just click for full image I guess.

1 Like

Nice bottle! And yes, there are citrussy notes in SG KB, which gradually subside with natural humidity and ammonia loss. You can try mixing small amounts of KB and Viking Brown (1:2 or 1:1), letting the mix sit overnight for best result.

1 Like

Thanks! I have a mixing box I need to clean for the KB/VB. I think some of the old snuff that was in it got a bit moldy from the basement. Know a good way to clean a wooden box of any possible mold?