Buy American Snuff in America

I’m plannig an Holiday in Est Cost of USA, I’d like to know if in American I can buy american Snuff like Swisher, Us SMokeless, Fubar, etc. (also chewing ones) Because now it’s impossible to buy online Smokeless (your govern want you smoke only, paying also a lot) most of all buy snuss in Europa online store. But are there shops (for example in Washington dc or nearby) selling all type of american snuff? I tried to write to Swisher but never answered to me. If I try to search on google I find only pages saying that tobacco is the evil or worst things…

Where are you from alexdal? When you say you can’t buy online smokeless do you mean nasal snuff? The three snuff companies --------------------------------here>>>> ship all over the world. We don’t keep lists of specific stores but nasal snuff is sold in stores in the US in some places, but not usually a great selection as I understand it. Most of us buy online. Can any member assist alexdal with stores in D.C?

Not DC specific, but in urban areas in the northeast you can find them in cigarette outlets (NOT in upscale tobacconists except on occasion). Sometimes you have to venture into the ghetto a bit. I’ve seen them in Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey. Also I’m told supermarkets will have them in Maryland. Try Food Lion or Winn Dixie.

It won’t be difficult to find dip and chew in local stores. Just about any gas station or convenience store will have a reasonable selection. Dry snuff may be a different beast altogether. I hear that D.C. has some good “classy” tobacco stores and that might be your best bet. Good luck…I live about 4 hrs. from D.C. and this is all speculation on my part based on local trends around me. Dry snuff, once plentiful, can now only be found in 2 stores locally. Seems to be dying out this far north. A shame really…

Food Lion grocery stores near DC has at least a dozen snuffs, and more chewing tobacco choices than you could possibly carry! Fubar is not an American snuff, it is Dholakia of India. Just drop in to the stores during your travels. Good luck and enjoy your Holiday! If you do find one in DC proper, let us know! I work all over DC, but I never shop there. I live in the Maryland/West Virginia border area, and all the Food Lion stores are loaded with snuff here. Probably 35 different chews and chaws, and some interesting ones at that. Google Food Lion stores. You will have better luck outside of the urban environment, think Rural Agrarian (Redneck). Of course that might be an acquired skill for a European. The irony is that in DC you would be able to find snus, and not Redman or Cotton Boll chew. Go for the Stokers chew, and the snuff is available in big 5 oz tubes. BTW, Americas number one stores, Walmarts, are worthless for snuff, and there are none in DC. If you wonder more than four blocks from the Mall in DC you are a very brave man on foot! Its like a safari park, stick close to the vehicle at all times!

Found a limited source for snuff in Philadelphia City Center. Chestnut Smoke Shop has Navy Sweet and PeachSweet.

1 Like

Around Chicago WE Garrett and them only ave very much available (1/2 of tobacco shops carry) The Gatlinburlier in Gatlinburg TN carries 5-6 flavors of Silver Dollar FWIW

Southern VA here. You can buy all the snuff you want at any tobacco shop or food lion. I know of at least 6 places in town I can go and they will have plenty in stock.

1 Like

yup in Northern VA as well. The selection drops off a bit depending where you’re at but Woodbridge / Manassas Food Lion typically have huge cans of Railroad Mills. Now Marietta GA, that’s a different story. all kinds of dry snuff in their supermarkets. My experience at least.

2 Likes

South of Fredericksburg VA, lots o snuff

1 Like

Actually went to food lion in Manassas today. At least 6 varieties of dry snuff. 4.65 oz cans

2 Likes

@ar47 I cant find any snuff whatsoever in the Chicago area. All the tobacco shops Ive gone to think Im looking for dip or chew.

@Afterglow you have to ask for “dry snuff.” Call around a few places. I went on google maps, searched tobaccanist and literally called the first 60 listings. About half had WE Garrett scotch, some with sweet but most with the regular one. It was store #60 that had Silver Dollar (and Toque USA W&H). It’s far in the NW suburbs

@Afterglow there is a tobacco store on Lake Cook in Palatine that has several cases of three different American scotches. A store on 12 in Wauconda that has a case of WE Garrett. And a store on 120 in Lakemoor who, last I cleaned them out, was left with half a case of Silver Dollar Vanilla PM me if you want specifics

@jmahes I’m a Northern Virginianer too, thanks for the tip! Idk if you ever mess with Belgain makla or have wanted to, but there’s a tobacco shop in Falls Church that has some for sale right now too

1 Like

@Shavasana, wow yes I have used Makla before. That’s cool they have it. I wouldn’t have expected that.

1 Like