Not too happy with Snuffstore at the moment

Ordered several tins. The one I was looking forward to most was the 6 Photo Cheetah. Upon opening the package the Cheetah lid was off, seal busted, and the seam running down the tin was separated. Most of the Cheetah was lost and also covering all the other stuff I ordered. Manage to get it all cleaned up. Sent Snuffstore an email, just asking for the Cheetah to be replaced. The response I got was to send a photo “so the quality control department can take a look at it and inform the supplier.” And that issues like this with products are beyond their control. WTF so I get damaged goods and their response is basically “tough shit?” I guess this is the customer service you get when there’s no competition…

Chances are thats not down to snuffstore, but delivery and customs. Once I ordered some spices online which was ruined when it got to me. The package was literally cut open on several of them, causing them to mix up…had to bite the sour apple and contemplate murder against the customs…

It seems the seam is quite a frequent issue. I experienced a bit of a mess with partly separated 45 g tin of Super Chetak, too. The seal wasn’t busted, though.

Snuffstore / MrSnuff should put Indian tins in zip lock bags, at least those with wrecked seam. Or just film-wrap them.

the packaging on some Indian snuffs is not so great for long term shipping. Might be worth chatting with the manufacturer might get more then your satisfaction from that. 

@LordJ let Amanda know your order details and we’ll ship you another one. Any issues like this, just ask me and I’ll put it right. Customer service knows this but sometimes they forget. My apologies. Would you mind telling me how it was packed? We might have to change how we send those items prone to breaking open with rough handling by post office. Thanks, Dave

1 Like

@MrSnuff sorry just saw your post. It was packed in a regular bubble mailer envelope.

@LordJ thanks for getting back to me.

Can you tell me your order number so I can look up your order and arrange a re-ship?

many thanks,

Dave

@MrSnuff 67917

@MrSnuff Just for statistics, the tin of Super Chetak with partly separated seam was sent to me in a cardboard box (together with five or six other snuffs). This is not a complaint, please don’t get me wrong (really old issue). Even cardboard box and filler material can’t prevent form mishaps; moreover, some tins could have factory-born defects and reach warehouse with the seam already split. Zip lock bags or wrap film could be way more effective preventive measure than carboard box and filler.