Reviews? Makla Neffa Ifrikia

One of the better snuffs available IMHO.

1 Like

I have it and I like it too. I am not excited with their malka. I am not sure what in it, saw dust , splinters, chards of glass ? It does deliver some nicotine 4 sure.

Makla  Neffa Ifrikia is a delicious excellent snuff. It’s kind of sweet. I’ve never had any kind of nasal problems from snuffing it. It doesn’t cause sneezing or even dripping usually. There is a sweet taste to the snuff and has a good nicotine content. It’s a good cousin to Neffa Green, which is also excellent. There is something very addictive and nice about Neffa Ifrikia. It is pleasant and has a very nice hit. I like to take it in the mornings first thing, and is my go to snuff apart from afghan white from six photo. On an unrelated note I posted something negative about Platinum Makla Ifrikia, that problem is solved by refrigerating and moistening. Makla has an excellent selection, and I highly rate all their products

1 Like

i have the neffa ifrikia which is a bit like ntsu black while the black seems to be stronger or has more tobacco content and coarse texture the neffa ifrikia smells similar (besides the extreme ammonia from ntsu) yet has more “texture agents/alkalization” from what i can tell by the brighter color and a very fine grind so the nicotine release is quick and kind of different from other snuffs and the effect for me goes in the direction of calming/numbing.
there is zero humidity in it at least not the tin i got still the powder particles are heavy and not do not fly too far if sniffed very carefully

I was raving when northerner.com started selling maklas, but for some reason they didn’t offer neffas.
A month ago I inquired them about the possibility of broadening their Sifaco product range, adding Sifaco nasal snuffs. They promissed to look into that.

Just visited their site - voila! https://www.northerner.com/eu/nasal-snuff/neffa

I hope they will offer the green one soon, too.

Both Sifaco nasal rustica snuffs are on stock at MrSnuff, but I find Neffa Green way overpriced there (even buying the box).

Is NEFFA IFRIKIA mentholated? It says so on the MrSnuff description but none of the reviews mention it. I

My tin is unflavoured tobacco, must be a typo

1 Like

Thanks 9

That’s what I wanted to hear.

Neffa Ifrikia is plain, but Neffa Green is slightly minty (think mint-ghosting).

1 Like

Received the Neffa Ifrikia yesterday. A plain mild pleasant natural tobacco taste with no other detectable flavorings. Nicotine is indeed quite strong, long lasting and bit of a creeper. I would never guess this to be a rustica. No burn, no drip, no sneezing, no back-drip. Very unique.

1 Like

Is there a differrence between neffa bledi and neffa ifrika ? Neffa bledi is very fine and very strong with only pure tobacco flavour. Bledi is maybe just a name for the french market.

Neffa Ifrikia and Neffa Green are the only nasal snuffs made by Sifico. The rest are oral. I have never heard of the Bledi.

I do wish that Sifico would market their nasal snuffs in larger than 8 gram cans. It is quite expensive even with the discount when purchasing 10.

A 2013 thread on Bledi: https://snuffhouse.com/discussion/8020/neffa-bledi

@tinhuey Nice prices in Spain! Neffa Green is only EUR 1.15 per can.

https://www.preciotabaco.com/precios-de-tabaco-de-aspirar

And chema/Maklas:

https://www.preciotabaco.com/precios-de-tabaco-de-mascar

@volunge That is about the price of a pack of chewing gum. The Neffa Ifrikia which I like a lot is only EUR 1.45.

1 Like

I haven’t taken NI for a good while, so included it in my last snuff order. I’m surprised to find it this moist, looks like fresh stuff (referring to present snuffstore.co.uk stock), I even get some faint ammonia smell here (very subtle). No burn whatsoever (save for a very mild, really), not much of a forward drip. I feel some sand in the backdrip, but it’s not harsh. A very nice plain snuff, not overpowering at all, somewhat lacking the smell of tobacco in the nose. Seems fairly moderate on nicotine (well, my tolerance is way boosted; gul, Madras, neftobak are to blame for as of late). I can see myself chain pinching this all day long every 10-15 minutes, which is both a disadvantage (the stuff is too expensive to be taken this often and frequent nose cleaning is quite a waste of time) and a beneficial property (no OD on continual intake; keeping n-tolerance low enhances the pleasure of occasional stronger pinch).

Would like to do side by side comparison of Neffa Ifrikia and Neffa Green, but I don’t have the latter by my hand. I recall Neffa Green as more satisfying in the nicotine department, but this could be related to my lower nicotine intake over a specific period of time (I was doing mostly WoS snuffs back then).

1 Like

@volunge interesting, I find my one tin of Neffa Ifrikia on the quite strong side. But dosing may be everything here - while I do have Gul & Madras I don’t take them in large enough quantities at a time to really move the needle. The grind & moisture (came fresh from MrSnuff) of the Ifrikia is up my alley so I probably have more per sitting. Mine has ammonia too, has a bit of a manure scent. I’ve layered it with WE a couple times and I find the result quite close to a skunk X_X

1 Like

Some more notes. In regards to sandiness of this snuff, firstly. I have just spotted some German snuffer’s review on snuffstore.de, where he shares interesting fact. Annoyed by the sand in Neffa Ifrikia, he has reached out to the manufacturer to find out why this snuff contains sand. According to the manufacturer, Neffa Ifrikia is made from the lower leaves of the plant.

Which absolutely makes sense - bottom leaves due to their dirtiness are even called “sand leaves”. This also explains lower nicotine content of this snuff - a modest 1%, i.e. 10 mg nicotine per one gram snuff (sand leaves render less nicotine than the “upper floors”).

And Sifaco does claim that their Neffa is made from rustica:

Source: https://www.parlament.gv.at/PAKT/VHG/XXV/SNME/SNME\_06075/imfname\_503342.pdf

The composition, pH, tobacco and nicotine content are publicised on anses.fr website https://www.anses.fr/fr/content/les-produits-du-tabac-et-produits-connexes and can be accessed, clicking “Donnees de composition des produits du tabac et a base de plantes” and “Liste des autres produits du tabac et produits a base de plantes” (right-click these links and select “Open file…” to download .xls files; open the files and using Ctrl + f, search for “Neffa”, there are two of them there, Sifaco Neffa Ifrikia and Poschl Neffa Bledi).

To save your time and in case if links are dead or documents are inaccessible, or you can’t find the data and badly want to know what additives this snuff contains:

Neffa Ifrikia composition (in 1000 mg):
Water 167.5

Sodium carbonate 51.25

Sodium bicarbonate 25.31

Calcium hydroxide 10

Calcium carbonate 8.75
Nicotine - 10, pH 8.

pH value is oddly low for such amount of alkalis, probably it’s reduced by the natural acidity of rustica.

3 Likes