Samuel Gawith Celtic Talisman Snuff

How is this Hazelnut one ? Anyone got it so far ? Sounds way to good to me.

I have gotten the SG Hazelnut … it is very light and fluffy and sweet … it lingers, but is a nice snuff.

I’ve just tried Celtic talisman from a vacuum tin and it’s got a fairly tart cherry scent with vanilla. I haven’t smelled or smoked the pipe tobacco by the same name, but it reminds me of how an aromatic pipe tobacco smells before being burnt.

@TomStrasbourg … that is good news.  that was the description of the pipe tobacco … but then the snuffstore review made it sound terrible — must’ve been in a tap box, methinks — so now menthol in it correct? i will put that back in my cart for next time.  Thanks for the review.

@snuffbrant I don’t get menthol from it, in fact it has a considerable burn and not the cold kind. The smell in the tin isn’t exactly like the smell in the nose either, I’m glad I didn’t let it put me off.

Love Celtic Talisman.  Have to agree that it is much like the pipe tobacco of the same name, but frankly a bit more enjoyable.  Mine was very fresh and slightly moist allowing for the flavor to linger a bit longer and having that smokey cherry vanilla flavor is nice!

I’s on dominance cherry&vanilla,but there is a good work on complexity.It’s a good idea to take as base a pipe tobacco to made snuff.If I take,a day,time to make my snuffs I’ve seen a marvelous Indian sailor of pipe tobacco…

I’ve got Cherry also in a S.Gawith twist,but on twists perfumes are very light.

I’ve seen a marvelous Indian sailor ??? Gandalf what is an indian sailor of pipe tobacco?

Seller bob,seller…

oh that makes more sense a lot more sense.

I tried this just now, I found it to be exquisite.

Celtic Talisman is a cherry snuff with a lot of body.i have been sniffing it all day long.

I get a bit of that chemical kind of smell in the tin, but not in the nose, and I love it - both the scent and grind.  I’ve got a backup tin of this one.

Glad to see you got your orders in @Marielle32!

1 Like

The Celtic Talisman pipe tabak has been out for awhile now. it does have that lakeland scent to it… 

puff it slow or will bite hard… to me, firedance is way better…

Celtic Talisman and Firedance are two snuffs I have in bulk, but actually find overpowering for more than a pinch or two. Why buy bulk of a snuff I find overpowering? Well, toned down in with some plain coarse snuff such as Viking Brown, they become a lovely frequent use snuff. A bit of fruitiness, and a bit of spiciness, but without being overbearing over a few hours if you’re out and about with just the one snuffbox

1 Like

I will have to break out the Celtic Talisman. It been some time since partaken this magical sacrament

1 Like

Just tried it! Amazing. It is definitely exquisite! It does not burn at all! Sure, I only sniff it very gently.

great snuff i love this one for blending to bring in cherry

I too, love this snuff!  Sweet and long lasting.  Definitely one to keep on hand.

Just got a new vacuum sealed tin of this the other day as a substitute for the now discontinued Black Rappee. Looking forward to trying it again after 6 or 7 years.

2 Likes