Pöschl´s Santa Caterina

hello folks and a good evening, while surfing the net i just found this snuff, unknown to me at least. Pöschl´s Santa Caterina. it seems it is not produced for the german market. can anyone tell in what language the warning print is ? spanish ??

http://www.ebay.de/itm/260924974898?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ah, i see. With brothers you mean not a exact copy of Königprise but rather a snuff in the same style ?

@Filek Mh, a pure tobacco snuff from Pöschl ? That would be interesting to try.

@Filek Are the Russians & Italians into snuff as well? How strong is the snuff culture there? Any local brands as well?

I remember something about Saint Antonio snuff or something like that.  I believe it went out of business.  

One of our Italian members sent me a set of both the red and the blue about a year ago. Apparantly he had to special order it from his local shop. Its produced by Pöschl for the Italian tobacco monopoly, as I recall. Snuff has mostly died out there, but can be gotten if you sepcial order it apparantly. The blue is plain but pretty tasty. It reminds me of some Sternecker, and also has a aromatic reminder of some of the non-Gwayi South African styles. The red is the same thing, but mentholated. I have not had Köningsprise to compare it. Overall its worth trying out, and nice to have something hard to get. Its a good one to request on the trades thread and makes our Italian members popular!

Since a few days both versions (blue and red) are available from snuffstore.de (edit) now i can check them out myself and report to you. ^^

Santa Caterina is actually the k

1 Like

konigsprise? @loed79, don’t use apostrophes and other special characters/letters, or your post will be cut (just like above).

1 Like

NM. I know the answer to my question.

A few notes after trying both Santa Caterinas.

Mentholated Santa Caterina - the one in the red sachet, with just a hint of eucalyptus and some undisclosed flavouring, listed as “Aroma Santa Caterina” among the ingredients - is much different than Konigsprise. I’m not sure if Konigsprise is still produced or discontinued, but it is still available at some Polish online stores, and is ghosting at snuffstore.co.uk. Schmalzlers aside, this Santa Caterina is one of the three camphor-free Poschl snuffs and second least-mentholated snuff in entire Poschl range (menthol-wise it’s on a par with Bayern-Prise Brasil, which is camphor-free as well). Now Konigsprise, as I recall it, is much stronger in nicotine and menthol, and has a strong, really special aroma.

And no, in comparison to plain Santa Caterina (blue sachet), the red one was not “the same thing, but mentholated”. Each was made of different tobacco and had their own chemical composition. I’ll write some more on it and upload photos next week.

My sincerest thanks to @schmalzlerfranzl for the opportunity to try these rare snuffs!

3 Likes

@volunge Dear friend I am glad you enjoyed these snuffs I agree with you

2 Likes