Wilsons of Sharrow mis-labels?

I have two 12 packs of WoS from Mr Snuff, one regular and another medicated. Over the past week I’ve tried about half of them. And about half of those I’ve thought the descriptions were a bit off. Well now I’m pretty confident there’s some mislabeling going on. I just had some of what’s labeled ‘WoS Irish No. 22’ (from the regular box, kept in a sealed container) and it’s a medicated anise/licorice bomb. It’s a moist, chocolate brown. From my reading here and the description on MrSnuff this snuff is not actually Irish No. 22. The snuff is fine but the whole idea of ordering assorted packs was to find what I’d like to order more of. I guess this might be why they were on such a sale at MrSnuff. Anyone else had this issue? Or does this actually sound like Irish No. 22?

Nope, not at all the #22!

1 Like

Sounds like you got ice licorice.

1 Like

I’d guess that’s Ani Euc

1 Like

Or Ani Extra, if you get any menthol there.
Ani & Euc is menthol-free.

1 Like

Hello ar47.  I’m a new member here and I just received 2 tins of 5gram WoS Irish No. 22 from Mr. Snuff and have the same problem you are experiencing.  The date code on the bottom of my tins is 265 17 A.  I’m sending them a message.  I’ll let you know what they say.

1 Like

@amz1301 yep that’s the same date code on mine that’s clearly mislabeled

1 Like

I sent Mr. Snuff customer service an email last night giving them all the info, but they haven’t responded yet. On a good note, I discovered I’m not a fan of anise though, ha!

1 Like

Any other clearly mislabeled snuff in those assorted packs of yours, @ar47 and @amz1301? Have you found the proper Irish No.22 under any other label?

@volunge These were just 2 single 5gram tins I ordered from them along with some other stuff.  I’m not sure if they opened an assorted pack to give me those or not.  

Sorry, I jumbled up. Thought you got that in 12-pack.

Mislabeling can be very unnerving. SG Red Crest Scented had been sold mostly mislabeled as Red Crest (plain) for ages and many folks here wondered about that sweet, camomile-like scent in their supposedly ‘plain’ tins, some even considering it a result of masterly blending.

@volunge I suspect several are mis-labeled (Best SP and SP100 seem to be the same), frankly I’m so frustrated with it that I’ve ceased touching the WoS for now.  I have plenty of snuffs that I enjoy and know are labelled correctly. 

My wife still loves the “Irish No. 22” anise snuff though :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @ar47 & @amz1301, Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. In this situation, I would like to inform you all that I have already contacted the customer service team and they will be getting back to you @amz1301 with a proper resolution ASAP!

However, I would also like to shed some light on this fact that, Mr. Snuff is only a supplier/distributor of these snuffs and has no control over it’s labeling. So, if there is actually an issue with the mislabeling of the snuff from Wilsons of Sharrow (WOS) we will have to get in touch with them and raise this issue with them.

Let the customer service team find out what actually is the issue and we will make sure to get to its root if required.

Thanks for your co-operation in advance!

With Regards,

Amanda

Customer Relations
2 Likes

@Amanda thank you for reading and responding. As a reseller myself I understand and respect that this isn’t your deficiency. I’ve had only positive experience with Mr Snuff

Hello @Amanda.  I also completely understand this is a WoS issue.  I was thoroughly impressed at how quick I received my order.  Mark from customer service did reach out to me through e-mail this evening.  I replied to him with the info he was looking for.  Hopefully you can get this resolved from WoS.  Thanks

this seems to be an issue that crops up frequently over time with Wilsons. Like it happens once every few years and a couple people get mislabeled tins then nothing for a year or two sometimes longer. 

Just to follow up on this, Mr. Snuff @Amanda and Mark took care of this situation to my satisfaction.  They offered me free shipping (to US) on my next order above $60.  Which I gladly took advantage of.  Just got a pretty good size delivery today.  Thanks again for the great customer service.

1 Like

@amz1301 according to the banner at the top of this site right now they are running a promo right now for free shipping on orders above $50. They offered you free shipping on orders above $60? Sorry but it sounds like we’re going in the wrong direction …

1 Like

Ha! I know, I saw that after I posted this.  They offered me $5 off coupon, but I suggested free shipping because I wanted to order some other things and shipping was pretty high. Not sure if they had free shipping when I suggested that or not.  Oh well.  Had a 25g No. 22 in this order and it’s the correct stuff.