Snuff Bullet Question

Any of the holes can be drilled bigger. 

For the acrylic (plastic) one, avoid using a drill (it’ll drill too fast and can melt it). Drill the holes by hand (use locking pliers to twist the bit). If you’re really going bigger, drill one size at a time or the bit will get stuck. With some of the plastic bullets, the holes do not line up and boring them out is necessary for the bullet to function the way it’s supposed to. Finally, take it apart and blow it out really good.You can have your bullet fine-tuned and customized in less than five minutes!

Not really, it’s possible to enlarge the dosing chamber slightly, but not by much. If you enjoy the snuff bullets, you should check out the Snuffmaster. It doses both nostrils at once with the push of a button.

1 Like

I just started using my bullets again for a change, and I’ve found I really appreciate them.  First thing to do, of course, is check that the snuff actually works in a bullet - finer grinds are best, moist clumpy snuff just won’t drop into the dispensing chamber at all.  So some snuffs will always require a different type of container.  Second, there was a tip I read on here ages ago for increasing the amount, without having to attack the bullet with the supplies of your nearest hardware store. Fill the chamber the usual way, but then hold the bullet upside-down between thumb and forefinger of one hand, and rotate the chamber “handle” with the other - the snuff in the chamber should drop out and be held in the bullet by your thumb.  Then, turn the chamber back the other way to receive more snuff, rotate, and, still keeping the bullet between thumb and forefinger, turn the bullet the right way up.  You now have a “double-dose” which will give you a good amount as a pinch tapped out onto the back of the hand or whatever.  It’s very simple but my explanation might appear a bit over-complicated.  Sorry - the longer I make this post, the more time i can avoid Lady Ga-Ga on the Superbowl half-time show!  Anyway give it a go - it works well and is quick once you get the hang of it.

2 Likes

i find if i just barely breathe in i can use one chamber full for both nostrils i can do it with cheeta as long as i flick the chamber first

metal bullets work good for me.
b-(

when i use them.pinch prefered.
:-"

Regarding the Toque snuff bullets, are these reusable? I’m looking to get more acrylic bullets and to place a Toque order but could kill two birds with one stone.

1 Like

Twist bottom off.

1 Like

@SammyD13 absolutely. I was at one of the kids’ plays last night discreetly enjoying cheeta with a hint of highland ice from a refilled toque bullet They aren’t perfect but they do work. On my two I had to open the air hole - not what they call it on plastic but they were sealed shut by what I’d call casting flash

1 Like

At this point, I only use my bullet when driving or when I need to be extra discreet, and it’s usually filled with either Navy plain, WE Garrett scotch, or a fine British snuff like WOS or McChrystals. Makes things easier. Most of the time, I pinch from a German silver snuffbox.

I have some of the acrylic bullets. I found the size of the dosing hole to be just way too small. So I took out my numbered drill bit assortment and opened up the hole. I didn’t even use a drill motor. Just vise grips  and the drill bit and gently carved out the opening careful not to go any deeper than the existing hole. Problem I did encounter was, I opened up into the hole that goes through the direction indicated lever. I quickly remedied that by slicing a section out of an o-ring and plugging the hole.

I like these bullets. You can’t smoke in public without scorn and ridicule. If you dip or chew there’s the spitting issue. I can use my snuff in the middle of the grocery store and no one even notices. 

3 Likes

easier none craft based solution. When dosing with a bullet rotate the dose chamber two or three times while still held pointing bullet down with finger covering the blow hole ( :slight_smile: ). When all two or three loads are in the snuffing chamber close the dosing hole so when the bullet is in the ready position it is resting on top of the closed dosage chamber. I found that works well and is easier to do then explain.

2 Likes

@bob Wise and simple. I’ll try it someday. That irritatingly tiny size of the dosing hole makes me really think these things were originally designed for some other substances.

1 Like

yeah they are just like most things you find labeled snuff spoons are not for snuff.

2 Likes

How about the snuff STRAWS lol shaped like a vacuum cleaner. Cast pot metal left over from wwII slab heaps dipped in plastic ‘plating’ - 10 for a dollar!

2 Likes

https://mashable.com/2016/08/05/cocaine-paraphernalia-ads/ you mean this kind of nonsense?

1 Like

I’m not clicking on that link but sounds about right! Just search snuff on ebay

2 Likes

@bob excellent idea!

1 Like

I was curious if anyone else has had an issue with the “Glass Bullet Clear” from mrsnuff.com the air ports on my knob were not even drilled through into the snuff chamber. I tried working @ it with a drill bit but its still very hard to get a good sniff from it. What are my options? The rest of the glass bullet has a decent build quality but my knob is absolutely AWFUL

@anewamericansnuffer every acrylic/glass bullet I’ve gotten was drilled wrong in some way. For the fix I used drill bits held with locking pliers, and hand-drilled them a little at a time (using successively thicker bits). There are 3 holes that need to be wide enough: the air hole (tiny one in the side), the nose hole, the the hole in the revolving cylinder which captures the snuff. Depending on how bad the workmanship is, they may all need to be drilled out more. Patience is key, though. Try to drill too fast, and the plastic will break. Make sure to blow everything out or wash well, or you could have a bit of plastic tickling your pituitary. The revolving mechanism can be difficult to turn, too. If that’s the case, use some mineral oil on the rubber gasket.

1 Like