New SG website?

http://www.samuelgawith.co.uk/

Just found it. There’s the good old grid in SNUFF section that I missed much since their merge with GH (different format, though).

I hope they will go further and launch webshop, too.

@volunge   Thanks for discovering that.

The snuff page is useful but the rest of the site is rather odd. The home page is very American with prices in dollars and advertising an odd assortment of cigars and pipe tobacco.

The map on the contact page seems to suggest that they are located in the middle of Trafalgar Square!

It will be interesting to see how the site develops.

Chris

I’m not sure I would characterize Samuel Gawith as a purveyor of fine cigars, but whatever floats their boats… pipe tobacco, I can see, given their popularity in the pipe smoking world.

Looks like they’ve been hacked to me. What’s all the nonsense stories further down?

2 Likes

I second that. Their BLOG section is weird. I just skimmed through the latest entry (Apr 10, 2018) and got a clear impression of some kids playing hackers and having a real fun there!

SNUFF section looks proper, though. On the other hand, that grid contains many discontinued snuffs and lacks the latest ones, which is quite suspicious…

2 Likes

@volunge not so sure theyre kids, they make some very old references in some parts, even from The Mentors manifesto. It really made my day though

1 Like

The snuff section even lists a Latakia snuff which went out of production many years before I started snuffing, just how out dated is this “new” site?

2 Likes

As well as Bench & Bar!

Yeah, the weird blog entries caught my attention too.

1 Like

I took one look at it and automatically made my mind up that it’s a phishing scam.

1 Like

Okay well for what it’s worth I don’t find this site on a couple Intel lists and it doesn’t set off any of my detection systems (other than my brain full of snuff). So should be safe At The Time Of Writing to visit … That said, wow I started to scratch my head at the start and it really started devolving with the 2nd blog post, with a real doozie near the end: “In case you are unhappy using the on the web pipe various businesses are supplying, then you will have the ability to would rather understand that you simply may make one the person of yours which will fulfill the needs of yours.” And then when I saw the next post about how to find a certified electrician I just started laughing out loud and couldn’t take it anymore I only analyzed the first page please be careful there. Disable Javascript etc before clicking any links and don’t download any documents. Holy crap that’s funny. At least so far. Definitely not a native English speaker, maybe AI just for dark-SEO with embedded keywords … or some creative steganography. I need to sleep not analyze this further. Thanks for the laugh

Okay I had to take one more peek. Don’t follow the links until one of us analyzes them. Resembles one of a few things: dark/gray-SEO (search engine optimization), a runaway advertising affiliate, or as @nicmizer pointed out a phishing ir possibly watering hole attack. Todos for when I don’t have a huge workload: check out historical whois on the domain (is it newly registered, appear to have had genuine SG ownership at some time), sandbox URLs, check artifacts against TI & dark sources … most likely just SEO ~fraud or a click-through ad revenue campaign but want to make sure it’s safe to laugh at and curious if they compromised a genuine snuff site to do it

III…do that if you can. Need somebody to put a cork in the snorkel of these phishers. Thanks @ar47 from aka ak74

Just so buried in work haven’t gotten a chance yet. Realistically targeting Sunday night for analysis