Which is the craziest and most metholated snuff you have ever tried?

For me it is 6 photo no.666

2 Likes

Id say WoS Extra menthol is still the strongest menthol Ive ever had in my life. Its so strong that my eyes start to water just being near it. Ive tried red bull and honestly feel WoS extra menthol is stronger. Red Bull seems to develop in the nose, whereas WoS extra menthol throws an iceberg on your head; hurts, but the pain fades eventually.

1 Like

i dont find the 6 photo very strong but its a different kind of cooling effect less “piney” than the western ones its more of a neutral cooling without a lot of menthol camphor mint eucalyptus or pine oil smell

2 Likes

@Rogue I’m thinking WoS Extra menthol has been renamed, do you know what it is?

1 Like

s.menthol maybe i got that one? but the thing is menthol is capped by law to 40/50 menthol mg/g and 20 mg camphor mg/g
which is not all that high (most of german medicated cap that)

1 Like

My last menthol surprise was WoS Singleton’s Super Cool. It’s worth separate review (pending).
Meanwhile I’ll only tell you Sharrow guys were definitely kidding when they rated it 2 (out of 5) in their menthol scale.

1 Like

@baconpete it’s called extra cool now.

1 Like

@Rogue, @baconpete from now on it’s Extra M. https://sharrowmills.com/product/sharrow-snuff-extra-cool
On Sharrow menthol scale Extra M is 3, Super M and WoS Dr. Rumney’s Green are 4, Dynamite is 5. Crumbs of Comfort and M Plus both are 1 and M is 2. Visit WoS website for more info on nicotine and moisture.

2 Likes

Are there any really strong mentholated snuffs that don’t give you that stuffed nose “rebound effect” thing a member here has talked about? I mean I love medicated snuffs, but I’ve only found McChrystal’s O&G to be powerful yet not overwhelming to my nose. As far as what’s the most craziest, I’d say 6p Medicated 666, but two or three hits of that and my nose just taps out.

2 Likes

Also WoS SM500 was unimpressive. You’d think something with numbers in their name would be impressive, such as indy 500 or super soaker 3000, but it wasn’t much. Also Arnold Andre’s Kensington is good but for some reason it’s too clogging.

2 Likes

menthols plugged me up at first but i feel like my nose just got used to medicated snuffs. i dont think rebounding is a real thing. i can use strong menthols all day and my nose stays clear. 

poschl radford belongs somewhere on this list too. its pretty good and strong on menthol. i cant use it because the essential oils makes my nose raw. i had a similar effect with peppermint oil

1 Like

Really? The first time I got my hands on a good variety of medicated snuffs, I thought my head was gonna blow up from the sinus headache. I was told it was a rebound effect so I went with that. I still haven’t found a GOOD powerful medicated snuff with a decent nicotine kick, but Hedges was definitely mentioned so I will try that. @peacock how can you tell which ones use essential oils as opposed to whatever else?

1 Like

@DrOctagon If that could serve as a kind of vague guideline, McChrystal’s is rated 3 in aforementioned WoS menthol scale. These ratings might be of some use, if based on actual amount of added menthol.
Just a guess - other ingredients (camhor, eucalyptus or anise oils) may cause/strengthen rebound, too.

1 Like

I’m with the Dr on this, heavily mentholated snuffs do not open up my airways, they shut them down. I find the menthol in Indian snuffs don’t have such an unwanted effect but WoS Extra Menthol and Jip put my nose out of action for a good half an hour. I’d say Jip is the stongest I’ve used.

2 Likes

@Volunge they changed names again…?

1 Like

Yes. I visit WoS website quite often and noticed those changes at the very beginning of this year (http://snuffhouse.com/discussion/11805/further-name-changes-of-some-wos-snuffs).

What’s next, I wonder. Snuff names consisting of numbers alone?

1 Like

@DrOctagon  im really just guess because of the burning. i think its common for german snuffs to be flavored with oils though. (someone correct me if im wrong)

ive been on a strong menthol kick for a while now but it sure isnt the first time ive commented and people thought i was crazy. some snuffs just plug my nose just as quick. heavily perfumed ones generally do. its to bad cuz i really like perfumed snuffs

2 Likes

menthol and rebound go together the only way around it is less menthol. The toque menthol line isn’t too strong in the mixes. Best suggestion is to get a natural unscented snuff to cut it with.

2 Likes

@volunge god forbid! Itll be impossible to find a tempting snuff easily, unless we get some sort of catalogue explaining all the numbers.

1 Like

@Rogue Another future nightmare could be enforced random selection. I. e., buyer never knows what he will get. Now that would be an utmost sadism.

2 Likes