Can I really not get Bernard Jubilaums to the UK anymore?

@Z_2K best way to buy bernards is online but you might be able to rarely find bernards in some tobacco shops in bavarian area everything else is in the grip of poeschl.
bernard is way less marketing agressive or as big as a company which makes them more sympathetic and trustworthy in my opinion.
they do not produce smoking tobacco nor use the common additives and processes used to make bad quality productsv for their snuff including recon rags unlike poeschl :-q
you can find gletscherprise and its extra/gold version as well as loewenprise on nearly every newspaper store, gas station and the tobacco shops often have the whole product palette in a stand up display that rotates.

1 Like

That information just sucks as sad as it is but true. Glad someone has some information as a clue to what German marketing has come to in regards to the snuff industry. Bernards products are so much better than the Poschl snuffs IMO.

2 Likes

@nicmizer
No reason to be mad at bernard for having same products with different labels that is actually a very common thing in the snuff tobacco industry to better aim the product at specific people of the already small snuff market
a very popular example would be Queens from Wilsons of Sharrows where the formulation is noted TOB in an old book. Wilson sells Tom Bucks for the gentleman and Queens for the ladies as there are people that would never make something called Queens their favorite snuff even if it was the best in the world and it is true for the other way around B-)

2 Likes

btw you can even get your own personal snuff made at bernards (maybe for a special event or your tobacco store as im sure there is minimum amount of units). im not so sure they will sit down with you and create something from scratch but you will be able to design your own label and probably they will make a batch of your snuff taking your favorite of theirs editing it to your likings in ways possible. an online store here is selling their bernard “postillion” which seems to be an altered version of klostermischung

1 Like

Please elaborate more on the subject of “custom snuff made for you”. Who is you and who actually can get it shipped to them? Fairly certain it will not be anybody in the USA. Please inform us as I see from my research that nobody is getting any of the former offerings from Bernard any time in the near future. I’m assuming it’s not Bernard, but Governments causing the issues. Just a total bummer.

Snuffme.uk seem to have got  some stock of Bernard snuffs in , including Jubilams  

1 Like

@pikey:  I placed a small order with them this past weekend: 3 Bernards types, 2 each.  Just testing the waters, as I’ve never ordered from them before. We’ll see if/when is shows up, probably in a week or two as I live in Florida. If things go wrong, I’m only out the cost of a case of Sam Adams.

@nicmizer sorry i do not know the details it seems you can get a bernard with your own label for sure but i am not 100% sure you can customize the content but like i said a german snuff store is selling “postillion” a edited “klosterpriese”
go check the bernard site for “news” thats where i read it
i contacted them about the offer i hope ill get an answer and let you know

I bought Bernard Postillion from Mr.Snuff years ago so I doubt that it was custom made just for that german store.

1 Like

@n9inchnails you are right it is probably safe to assume they struck a different deal with them i doubt they would still be selling the same one time batch

@n9inchnails actually it was and Mr.Snuff got a hold of some somehow. He said he didn’t get it from the company as they wouldn’t sell it too him. I think he might have had someone buy it from the company or something like that.

1 Like

i asked bernard about the custom snuff its only the label but the prices are alright and the minimum is just 50 at 3 euro right now. makes me think about just ordering my bernards favorite 50x for a little extra but then i get with a clean label no tobacco warnings :smiley:

2 Likes

I was buying Bernards Schmalzler from Mr. Snuff for over 4 years; most recently Feb 2017. It was when I went to place an order in Nov 2017 that I became aware of the “bad news”.

I’m glad I have great stock of all their offerings of past. But being able to get fresh future stock to replenish is what I’m semi worried about.

1 Like

Is the Postillion a good showing of a true/genuine schmalzer? I have a customer who travels to Germany and may be discreet enough for me to share my secret snuff pleasure with. But before I do I would like to see if the style is truly as magical as discussed here on the boards. I ordered the Postillion from MrSnuff last night. From @bob 's comment above is their stock believed to be a few years old still? Would that affect the snuff in a negative way? Sounds like some of the oils should both keep the snuff stable for extended time. Thanks!

Anything of something generally is better than having nothing.

2 Likes

@ar47, recently restocked Postillion should still be fresh. Poschl Schmalzlers are out of stock, so they will be fresh when restocked. You will find them here: https://mrsnuff.com/poschl-c-110\_114.html

Unfortunately, even oil does not prevent snuff from loosing moisture over prolonged storage in manufacturer’s containers. The only exception is airtight sachet-type package (for instance: https://mrsnuff.com/poschl-schmalzler-doppelaroma-p-1152.html). Naturally, 100 g bags tend to keep moisture for a longer time than 10 g tap boxes.

1 Like

@volunge Thanks for the wealth of info @nicmizer GENERALLY agreed sir :slight_smile: So is Postillion a true/representative showing of Schmalzler that will help me understand if I appreciate the delicacy?

^ I would put it in the schmaltz class but not in their true schmalzler range that is mia. Still is considered one that’s unique compared to many that imitate or have their style. I have stock in small bulk under glass of the Postillion. :-bd

1 Like

I was able to get hold of some Jubilaums from snuff.me.uk , so for the mean time I have a little stash of tap boxes

3 Likes