What Madras type snuffs you've had/ having?

Eager to try that Vikas!

2 Likes

@newbiesnuffer , I have already sent you and @ Gokul  free samples  for evaluation .

5 Likes

A very wise move @sixphoto, thanks for great news! I am on tiptoe with curiosity and definitely will be one of the first buyers.

1 Like

Thanks @ volunge 

Thanks, Vikas! @sixphoto - eagerly waiting. 

1 Like

There’s one more in the range. It just came into my mind: FUBAR Toasted is uber-roasted madras, too. I had shinkansened through some decent 75 g in my record-breaking time.

Hi people!

Been on the quest for the old time Madras type snuffs since I got back into snuffing about two years back. Missed TAS that some call TPS now. Tried most of the other types available here (in India), courtesy Vikas, Newbiesnuffer and Dholakia. Was making do with the local DS snuff. The others mildly excited me but still had the craving for the Madras types that were available in the past. Vikas finally decided to make some S. Indian type and sent samples for me to try. He sent sample A,B and C, which he’d made using the North Indian cured tobaccos. That however didn’t excite me very much. Then came D and E which got lost in transit. Next he sent me ‘the’ F and G, using the South Indian cured tobaccos. That’s when my nostrils experienced the divine scent of ghee roasted strong tobacco. Was floored. Strong nic, great burn and lingering, satisfying flavour of honest tobacco. Thank you Vikas, we owe you one for reviving the tradition. Have passed on your latest samples to the old timers, they love it!! Keep it up!!

5 Likes

@Gokul - thanks for the kind words. @sixphoto I am waiting for the launch of this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Gokul and Ritesh for being first rete samplers !. We have been trying to make this Madras snuff for a long time now. It is with help of both you guys, your critical analysis and patience that we have finally got this right.

Our Madras snuff is named MG Madras snuff and is going to available  on mrsnuff.com very shortly in 8g and 100 g Tins.

8 Likes

Exciting news, thank you! Waiting (im)patiently to try it.

3 Likes

@sixphoto - Glad and honoured to be a part of this project, Vikas! I wish you all the very best. 

4 Likes

I remember those samples they were awesome! I still think about the one sample I got I think It was sample B, a few years back

1 Like

Wow… the subject about this reminds me that I got the “B” that was tainted via the herbal. A replacement was sent out and never even opened the pouch. Will have to take inventory and see if I even can find it. I have in bulk later versions of the Madras. I presume it’s different than the B, but not certain. The new one I’d definitely try if quantity options weren’t just 8 or 100g. Something in between in size would suit my fancy tho.

2 Likes

I am here from umbrella brand snuff. We are new to online forum and not available online. We would love to see your feedback and start fresh from here on

5 Likes

http://umbrellasnuff.com/ I’d try it!

4 Likes

Hi! Me too!

2 Likes

Excellent @perumalsnuff. Have had your snuff long back, the coarse ground, black, ghee laced snuff. Been trying to source your snuff, especially the golden one. Sadly not available where I stay. Hopefully it will be available soon.

3 Likes

@perumalsnuff, is there a real ghee in your Madras snuff?

2 Likes

Yes we add real ghee in our snuff. Filled with natural ghee, give the users authentic taste and flavour.

5 Likes

Excellent! Please introduce your products to international market ASAP.

4 Likes