USING ABBREVIATIONS IN POSTS.

I have just been reading a rather heated discussion here (now closed).       People used abbreviations a few times with no explanation of what they meant.

One thing that I do remember from my abysmal education was that when using abbreviations, using the abbreviation for the first time, write the full meaning in brackets after it. 

It is only required to do so on the first use of the abbreviation. After that the abbreviation on its own is quite acceptable.

I am not really worried if it is the correct method of doing things, but it certainly makes life easier for the person reading the article.

What would you like to know the meaning of?

@Rogue     Happy New Year .

The abbreviations     are   MMORP          OSP        FB

Most probably obvious once you know what they mean, but I am in the dark with these.

Cheers.

mmorpg is massive multiplaywr online roleplaying game. OSP is hitsuzens brand of snuff, stands for Open Source Project (a little pun or fun on open source software, hilarious, really). FB stands for facebook, some weird, social network for lunatics. On facebook they write on walls (grafitti), follow people (stalking), put photos of their dinners on peoples walls (disorderly conduct?), and speak of useless stuff, such as cats doing things humans dont do.

3 Likes

@Rogue

LOL!!

Hello  @Rogue   

Many thanks.   

I once heard facebook likened to stopping complete strangers in the street and telling them where you are going for your holidays, then the next person what you had for breakfast.  etc. .

It wouldn’t be long before you ended up in a padded cell for your own safety. 

I steer clear of facebook.

@Konrad_von_Marburg      You may like to give some thought to having your birth certificate removed from this site, the information may be of use to identity thieves.

Thank you again and Cheers.

@ArtChoo yeah, the facebookers probably do that too. Weird bunch :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@ArtChoo good point.

If any Mods are reading this can you please delete that imgur with my BC in that thread? It is closed so I cannot do it.

Thanks

1 Like

@Konrad_von_Marburg Done

Ty.

By the way I was on a few DS servers earlier today and only 2 people are on each of them. They should amalgamate the servers into 1 or 2.

Might see you there later on (if people are there).

@Konrad_von_Marburg net is mad at me today, so I had to give up for the day, with a ping of over 200, but we can try tomorrow or so

1 Like

@Rogue

Ahh. Yeah not a good ping at all.

Yeah, man, it even went up to 999 for a few seconds, so I found no point in torturing myself or the other players by teleporting arouns the map.

1 Like