Too many tins open ... is it just me?

I have far more than that open :slight_smile:

Yall are bad! Dont open all snuffs, mmkay? Opening all snuffs is bad, mmkay? If you open all snuffs, youre bad, cause opening all snuffs is bad, mmmkay?

1 Like

Not a single snuff purchase lays unopened in my house. Lol :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve stopped counting my open tins…

4 Likes

Oh good, not just me then :smiley: I’m still going to try and reduce them though. I don’t know what’s more impressive, having 52 part used tins, or having over 20 different snuffs that I’ve never tried, stowed away in sealed tins for well over a year. :open_mouth: You guys are a bad influence >:)

2 Likes

What good is having a tin if it isn’t open !? 

2 Likes

:smiley: Having no tins open would be crazy. 8-} Keeping the other (unspecified :stuck_out_tongue: ) number of tins sealed hopefully maintains the condition for later. :wink: Having said all that, I could probably do with revisiting all my jars, and seeing if I can get any more stock transferred there. :-? I don’t mind part using a jar as much as part using a tin. Jars don’t tend to go rusty :-"

1 Like

This is why I only buy small tins. I can’t dedicate my self to any one tin when there are so many good ones out there. 

I started like that. Then I started buying larger tins because they were better value. Then I started buying several larger tins when there were deals on… even if I hadn’t tried the snuff before, but it was reviewed as something similar to a snuff I already liked … Then I started buying bulk drums / bags of my favourites … Then the EU TPD thing happened and several UK suppliers dropped their prices massively to clear out the discontinued snuffs … A plus B plus C plus D equals X_X Then my income stopped, and so did my purchasing. Not that I’ll need any more for a VERY long time :-"

2 Likes

I have one snuff box eventually plan on getting a second. So nope don’t have that problem at all.

2 Likes

Good for you bob :-bd

bulk is just better then tins. I’d frankly rather have a snuff I think is o.k. from bulk then a favorite from a tin.

I do agree with this to an extent. A while ago I started moving more towards snuffs that I can enjoy all day long, or for several hours at a time, rather than snuffs that I loved but could only take the occasional pinch of. I stocked up heavily on plain snuffs, and use this for diluting the more potently perfumed snuffs such as Royal George. On it’s own RG can be wonderful yet overwhelming, but used say 3:1 in a plain snuff can turn it into something pleasant that you can spend all day with. My bulk contains copious quantities of KB Plain, Yellow Crest, Blue Crest, Thors Hammer, and Toque Plain Coarse (among several others) for this very reason. Most of the F&T snuffs that I use get diluted for all day consumption.

3 Likes

I have a lot of open tins but I reseal them with electrical tape if I think that I won’t be pinching from them within a week or so.

3 Likes

@willynelson I do the same and then stash them in biscuit tins, works well.

In the unlikely event that one dries out after year I just re-hydrate it leaving it over night with a couple of drops of distilled water (pharmacy grade to avoid mold).

Oh I have many tins open, stashed in a huge plastic box, and some contents of each tin decanted in small travel plastic tins I carry with me everywhere. So that doubles the open tins. 

1 Like

Seems like a common ‘problem’. I have 46 open tins and literally hundreds that are waiting patiently for my ministrations. It’s just hard to wait. Told myself several weeks ago no new open till empty at least 3 tins. On a side note. Had been about a year and a half since placing my last order. My how the options have been dramatically reduced. And what’s with all the name changes? I was confused enough before when there were so many more options - but at least they seemed more straight forward.

I’ve been gradually getting the count down, but I’ve also been dipping into various glass jars too. I did transfer a lot of my tins to glass, but have still got a cardboard box full of unopened tins. I think in unopened tins alone, I have over 1.5kg.

1 Like

Very simular situation here. Haven’t really had a desire for snuff in the last year. Contemplating offing the a hole lot off as I know most all of my stash is no longer available and can’t justify keeping it all.

Yep, same here. Loads of tins open but as long as my top 5 are fresh and in constant rotation I try not to let it bother me. 

(It bothers me a lot)

1 Like